A motivated team-oriented person who performs repetitive motion to remove molded plastic parts from machines, assemble plastic products (as specified), hot stamp products (as specified), inspect products for flaws, and manually remove flaws from finished products (using company provided tools) to meet company and customer specifications. Good attendance is required, and occasionally overtime may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are not all inclusive of the work that will be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change:
- Trim Flash and sprues from parts
- Clean grease and oil from parts
- Apply product labels and ID labels to parts
- Operate secondary operations (hot stamp, router, pin machines, etc.)
- Assemble parts for different lines
- Package parts
- Recognize product reject
- Work independently and in teams to meet production schedules
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA Standards
- Maintain 6S and tool boards to standard
- Notify supervisor or team lead if problems are detected with product or machinery
- Perform relief duties as needed
- Keep plant clean by sweeping, mopping, and keeping trash picked up
- Mandatory overtime may be required periodically during busier times
Education and Experience
- One to three months related experience and/or training; preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of organization.
- Ability to do two mathematical operations to arrive at the solution.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme heat and the low risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.