We're looking for an Event Producer to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
If you dream in excel spreadsheets or smartsheets...
If creating, managing and reconciling budgets is your thing...
Then please read on because this may be a great fit for you
The position and what you'll do:
As an Event Producer, you will manage a variety of complex events. You'll be responsible for leading and achieving operational objectives while working closely with the Executive Event Producer to ensure the strategic priorities are being met. You'll lead and motivate internal GPJ teams, including the event managers, digital producers, creative team, etc. making sure they are all on track. This position interfaces directly with one of our growing tech clients, internal teams, conference venues and all 3rd party suppliers and vendors.
Who you are and what you'll bring:
- Lead and motivate a team, facilitate meetings and communicate effectively
- Partner with account lead, actively participate in monthly client-hosted strategy and status meetings and provide project status (including any areas of risk) to the teams
- Build positive relationships with high-level clients and provide them the utmost in customer service
- Manage and reconcile the day to day budget and operations of the project
- Develop and manage timelines
- Develop and manage event budget throughout event life cycle
- Oversee 3rd party vendor RFP processes with the procurement team and subject matter expert (SME) by category
- Coordinate communications, touch points, and processes with internal departments and services to bring the event to successful execution
- See beyond what is right in front of you (the immediate tasks) and comprehend the big picture – the 360 view of the overall project in its entirety and make recommendations and adjustments as necessary
- Drive and track cost management and efficiency through negotiation and strategic buying, cost saving and cost avoidance
- Understand the strategic and creative requirements and objectives of the event and collaborate with department leads to ensure it is on point
- Source and manage venues, floor plans, meeting rooms, and the overall scope requirements
- Make sure Audio-Visual requirements are in line with creative and event brief and partner with our live production team as required
- Understand Digital production requirements and work with our digital production team
- Manage EXPO design and production
- Coordinate graphics project management & production
- Manage Food and Beverage, Security, Event Staff,
- Source, manage and communicate with vendors
- Oversee the onsite execution of the event and responsible for post event deliverables
- Audit the status of the event, to ensure its on track with each of the area leads
- Event reconciliation with all area leads
- Travel as needed - about 20-30%
Who we are:
- Experienced Event Producer. Minimum of 8+ years of relevant event production experience of complex, integrated, unique experiences with at least of 2500 attendees. You have managed budgets hitting the $1 million mark.
- Collaborator and Project Manager. This is an extremely collaborative and project management-driven position. You will be required to develop relationships with every department including design, estimating, engineering, fabrication, event services as well as accounting and finance.
- Trusted advisor, partner and navigator. When you talk, people listen. As mentioned above, you will establish relationships with everyone from executive and senior clients to vendors. This comes from your knowledge, expertise and skill base.
- Vibrant. You love interacting with people. In fact, your interactions with people GIVE you energy. You love what you do.
- Take Initiative. You turn in work from the "next step" beyond your current task before someone asks for it. You regularly come to your manager and say "I've been thinking…"
- Inquisitive. You always want to learn more about what you are doing. You find out how your work interacts with other parts of the business. You look for ways to make process improvements. You learn about the industry you work in.
- Flexible. You understand business needs change – what you do today may not be what you do tomorrow! But switching gears at a moment's notice doesn't bother you at all.
- Negotiator. Reviewing and negotiating venue and vendor contracts are a walk in the park for you and you're experienced with RFPs and RFIs.
- You love the thrill, the fast pace, the challenges, the changes, your clients, your colleagues, building relationships and leading teams... for you, this is FUN!
GPJ is the world leader in experiential marketing. Our 29 global offices are filled with fearless people dreaming up ideas that are transforming industries and bringing the most respected brands to life in powerfully, exciting ways. We are a part of the Project Worldwide family. An independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies.
You read that "employee-owned" part, right? You heard us correctly. You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed and reap the rewards. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more "accruing" time off), our employer matching 401(k) plan (no vesting period), our "no employee contribution" healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let's talk about this this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits later.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.