Administrative Assistant 1
We are pleased to recruit for a company whose corporate purpose is to create chemistry for a sustainable future and has been doing so for 150 years. Their portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. Their products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. Our client is expanding and seeking an Administrative Assistant in Branchburg, NJ.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for all company employees - including the creation and coordination of internal communications to support HR initiatives
- Performs data entry and data maintenance for various HR systems
- Prepares spreadsheets and other special, recurrent or one-time reports, summaries or replies to inquiries as instructed, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, etc.
- Prepares summaries or replies to general employee inquiries, as instructed; answers direct employee requests/questions and assists with some benefits/payroll related concerns
- Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, filing and copying
- Supports the administration of Workers Compensation claims, as required by HR Associate
- Conducts new-employee orientations; administers or coordinates pre-employment tests (pre-employment physicals); orders supplies for new hire orientation kits
- Coordinates annual company health fair event
- Assists with annual Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) background checks and documentation
- 5 years administrative experience in a corporate setting
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week to start. Specific times TBD.
Length of Assignment: Contract (6 months)
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Pay Rate: $20/hr
S&S is a scientific staffing firm specializing in technical personnel placement within a chemical plant environment. If you are an entry level candidate, a recent graduate, or an experienced individual within your industry, we have an opportunity to fit your needs. We offer temporary, temp to hire, and permanent positions. Please contact us today, call 877.205.9911 or visit www.sslabcareers.com.
Job Type: Part-time
- benefits/payroll: 5 years
- MS Office Suite 2010, Word, Excel, PowerPoint: 5 years
- Administrative: 5 years
- Human Resources: 5 years