Barons Cove is currently hiring an AM Sous Chef to join the team!
Position Overview: Works directly with and for the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business level, changes and other information pertinent to the jobs performance.
These duties may be described as, but not limited to:
- Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees for efficient operation of the kitchen. Visually inspect, select and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Work with minimal supervision, assist with employee training, station shift duties and menu development.
- Select, train and motivate staff. Work cohesively with co-workers as part of the team.
- Work all stations on the line.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize.
- Must be able to assess and solve employee and/or departmental situations. Must be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and company policies.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering for service.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned, such as V.I.P. parties and staff meetings.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company policies/service procedures/standards. Maintain confidentiality of company information and data.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Have a comprehensive working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all unit menu information.
- Ability to input and access information in management systems/computers.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills and budgetary analysis capabilities.
- Thorough working knowledge of hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10º F) and kitchens (+110º F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height. Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrat
- e culinary techniques, i.e. cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Minimum of 3 years of culinary background and 2 years Sous Chef experience.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and customers.
- Must be able to communicate and understand employees according to their needs and goals of the Company.
- Must be able to write legibly, as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Must have good administrative and computer skills.
- Food Safety Certificate.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well – groomed appearance per Company standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sous Chef: 2 years (Required)