At Annalect, we work with clients to develop data driven marketing strategies, powered by a connected system of technology, tools, consultants and digital activation. Drawing from the vast resources of our parent company Omnicom, we are positioned as the data and analytics experts for dozens of Fortune 500 companies.
Our job is one of empowerment. Specifically, empowering our clients to improve their business through advances in technology and data. As the ad tech ecosystem continues to become more complex, we are counted on to provide expertise on digital marketing technologies, incorporate strategy and manage tracking of all digital marketing efforts. But as our client roster continues to grow, we’re going to need more help.
The digital technology landscape has evolved past a handful of solutions to a sprawling web of over 2,000 interconnected technologies enabling marketers to capture, analyze, and optimize every touch point in the consumer journey. This complex and ever-changing landscape requires a new and unique set of skills to navigate. The Manager, Platform Account Management supports the delivery of consultative and strategic guidance to clients on how to best leverage technologies and data to outpace their competition.
About Your Team
The Annalect Platform Consultantancy organization plays a vital role in the agency team structure, with responsibilities including:
- Guide clients and agency teams through the cluttered and fragmented advertising technology landscape, stewarding their evolution to adopt more sophisticated practices and solutions to prepare for a data-driven future
- Build trust and collaboration among Omnicom Media Group leadership and clients
- Ensure scope deliverables are met and clients are satisfied through value-driven solutions
You will be part of a team made of up account-specific leads responsible for defining business needs, stewarding project engagements, and managing overall health of the account’s adoption of an ad technology and data. You will manage client projects and provide client and agency team with a strong knowledge of the technical space.
You will be responsible for supporting relationships with Omnicom Media Group agency teams and direct clients, and should be capable of presenting solutions to a variety of audiences. Approximately 10% travel is required.
You will work with the Director, Platform Account Management to drive the delivery of high-quality consultative guidance in ad technology, rooted in driving business value for clients. Success in this role requires deep expertise across multiple facets of ad technology (technical, operational, and business), strong communication and management skills, and a drive to help clients evolve and solve for their ad technology strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing thought leadership around data and tech by authoring position statements, case studies, technology updates, beta opportunities, training, and best practices around existing and emerging digital marketing technologies
- Supporting the delivery of consultative guidance surrounding ad technology, including presentation preparation and delivery, partner evaluation and recommendation, and project plan maintenance
- Ensure agency and client teams are aligned surrounding project priorities and status.
- Managing ad technology deployment, collaborating with agency teams, clients, Platform Operations, and ad technology vendors to ensure proper and timely completion of all critical tasks and delivery against client and agency needs
- Partnering closely with ad technology companies to educate self and team about evolving solutions, identify opportunities, and ensure a healthy and collaborative relationship
- Partnering with Omnicom Media Group agencies to maximize clients success and provide insight and thought leadership on the account’s data strategy
- Optimizing and enforcing standards surrounding ad technology and data, ensuring appropriate data hygiene yields usable data for analysis and targeting
- You have a passion for ad technology, measurement, and digital advertising.
- You have a strong command across ad technologies, including DMP’s, ad servers, mobile (app & web), video, verification, dynamic creative, tag management.
- You can demonstrate understanding of how ad technology satisfies digital campaign measurement needs, and effects of mis-implementation on ability to deliver on those needs.
- You possess the ability to present viable solutions with analytical and problem solving skills.
- The obvious is not acceptable to you – you strive to understand the needs beyond the surface.
Leadership and Management
- You think about the ad technology space as an iterative process, it’s constantly changing and knowledge has a half-life.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Organized and detail oriented: Must be able to manage to deadlines and prioritize daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Track and keep team’s velocity high while balancing new engagements
- Analytical, evaluative, and likes to solve problems
- Thrives in being at the intersection between marketing and IT
Communication and Collaboration
- Comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including with day-to-day clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff and other leaders
- Excellent written, oral communication skills—must also be an active listener
- Must work collaboratively with a variety of internal functions, including Operations, Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social, and agency teams
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Degrees in the following subject areas are preferred: marketing, engineering, computer science, information science, social science or business-related fields with technical and project management skills.
- Minimum 5 years technical and consultative experience across digital technologies, such as:
Data Management Platform
Ad Viewability & Fraud
Behavioral Targeting Compliance
- Experience working in an agency environment and knowledge of the agency media campaign planning and execution process is preferred, but not required—agencies are exciting places to work with a variety of projects moving fast, having first-hand experience will help someone quickly ramp up
- Proven effectiveness in managing relationships
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated skill using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Analytical mindset with knowledge and passion for media, data and technology
- Creative thinker that is willing to challenge the norm to improve product offerings
- Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
Why it’s Great to Work at Annalect
- We were voted as the “Smart Data Agency Of The Year” by I-Comm in 2015
- We work in diverse, open office atmosphere where sharing ideas is encouraged
- It’s a chance to work in a forward-thinking company that conceptualizes and builds awesome stuff out of technology