Centuria Foods is the largest and fastest growing hemp-based CBD manufacturer in the rapidly expanding CBD market. Prior to the 2018 Farm Bill passing, we were the only fully federally compliant CBD manufacturer in the U.S.
Consumer demand for high quality CBD, driven by those seeking a healthy, plant-based medicinal alternative to pharmaceuticals, is driving our growth. Centuria's management has been successful in building and selling companies from the medical cannabis and technology sectors. We are experiencing rapid growth and are looking for talented difference-makers that want to grow professionally quickly, make a discernible and strong impact, and challenge themselves beyond the usual 9-to-5 job in a merit-based culture. https://centuriafoods.com.
Controller or Experienced Accountant
You will be leading our financial planning, controls, and compliance responsibilities, which will directly impact the financial health of the company in Carson City, Nevada, which is where we provide wholesale hemp-based CBD products and product manufacturing services. You will be the steward of the company's finances and will proactively optimize Centuria's financial operations. You will work closely with all members of the team, including the executive team, and will be positioned to grow rapidly in the company.
If you want to make a strong impact on a thriving company that is still in its startup growth stage, we may be great fit. It will be challenging as goals, roles, and projects will be shifting as priorities change. This means you can and will need to adapt quickly, prioritize and begin new projects based on your own initiative, and communicate effectively with colleagues that do not necessarily think or speak as you do. Please review the requirements below. We are admittedly looking for a rock star. But if you happen to have the listed skills, we want to speak with you.
- Have managed accounting and financial operations including maintaining cash flow, establishing financial controls, and formulating team budgets.
- Established annual and quarterly financial goals and earned buy-in from teams to achieve those goals.
- Advised and worked closely with the executive team and company managers.
- Experienced in using data to develop financial plans and optimizations.
- Have a strong moral compass as the company's financial caretaker.
- History of taking strategic actions that have been proactive, impactful and, particularly, optimizing.
- Have leveraged motivational and persuasive skills, particularly regarding AR and AP conversations.
- Managed compliance with regulations and reporting obligations. Maintained outside relationships including with regulators, vendors, outside counsel, lobbying groups, etc.
- Economics, accounting or similar degree with Big 4 experience; at least 3 years accounting or finance experience in a role with exposure to all areas of accounting: AR, AP, purchasing, internal audit, financial reporting.
- Have strong accounting software experience including comfortable working with ERP, MRP or similar software platforms.
- Have worked in or strongly desire to work in a startup environment and capable of growing with the team.
- CPA with prior experience at accounting firm.
- Bonus: Prior experience working with product manufacturing teams.
- Market or above market salary depending on experience.
- Stock options in one of the strongest industrial hemp CBD companies in North America.
- Bonus plan based on individual and company performance.
- Full health benefits and three weeks of accruing vacation.