ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides well child care, acute care and follow-up.
- Provides services related to health maintenance and promotion.
- Establishes diagnoses for common short-term and chronic stable health conditions.
- Orders, interprets and performs laboratory and radiology tests.
- Performs other therapeutic or corrective measures as indicated.
- Prescribes medications as appropriate for patients. Supervises dispensing of medication from the Pediatric Clinic.
- Consults and/or refers patients to licensed physicians or other health care providers as indicated.
- Reviews laboratory results, consultant examinations and emergency room dispositions and follow-up on those requiring intervention.
- Provides urgent care as indicated.
- Appropriately documents all findings concisely and completely utilizing the electronic medical records system. Uses all forms correctly. Entries are dated and signed. Documentation must be legible.
- Offers medical advice by telephone to parents of pediatric patients as part of a 24-hour call rotation with other providers.
- Participates in specific programs of the clinic as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Serves as a consultant for nurses and other staff members handling triage calls or walk-ins.
- Assists in education of patients, residents, nurses, nurse practitioners, medical students, and other staff.
- Participates in Quality Assurance assessments periodically.
- M.S Degree; training as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Current Illinois Advanced Practice Nurse License
- 3 years or more experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)