SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Operate different type of cranes/crawler cranes (Tadano ATF 100G-4, ATF 130G-5, Manitowoc 999, MLC300, Grove 9150, 765E)
- Precisely place one off, non-replaceable loads in a certain areas with crane and dual crane lifts
- Support inspection and maintenance of hydraulic and crawler cranes (as listed above)
- Tilt, dip and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under and/or around obstacles using multi-point rigging techniques
- Perform different rigging challenges
- Assist with rigging and driving forklifts on top of crane-cab duties
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) certification (LBC-TLL)
- 5+ years of experience operating crawler cranes and hydraulic cranes
- 5+ years of experience in rigging
- Experience working with delicate lifting operations (ex. wind farms, power plants, oil refinery industry)
- Experience with tear-down and build of crawler cranes
- NCCER/NCCCO (National Center for Construction Education and Research) Rigging Certification
- Experience with a variety rigging equipment – shackles, straps, slings, rope, hoists
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals, and communications
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Valid Driver's License (class "B" or better)
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- On-the-job (OJT) training will be required and may require traveling to other SpaceX sites to accomplish
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here ( https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_kb_article_page&sys_id=24d528fddbfc930044f9ff621f961987 ).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.