Thirty-One Gifts is a direct-selling company offering fashionable and functional products to help people organize their lives in style. Our product assortment features on-trend purses, totes, accessories, home organizing solutions and more – many of which can be personalized. We are a faith-based company whose culture celebrates, encourages, and rewards its employees. We believe that if someone is satisfied and successful at work, they will be satisfied and successful in other areas of their life. Our goal is to help all employees achieve personal and professional success and to feel like they’re part of a family and part of something special.
As the Production Engineer I for Thirty-One Gifts, the primary responsibilities include assisting with the translation of merchandising aesthetic and functional desires into technical execution requirements. This individual will accomplish this by collaborating with a cross functional team in the coordination of the product/personalization development process, which is designed to ensure proper product development and a flawless execution plan for our value-added production.
- Product & Design/Fonts– Works alongside Tech Team, Merchandising, Design, and Product Development teams.
- Facilitates operational product designs approvals
- Provides product personalization options at each phase of development
- Organizes and performs wear test to ensure product, fabric and personalization repeatability, and stability
- Reviews and makes recommendations on all specifications, quality standards, and execution functioning in personalization
- Develops process control plans a deliverable to Operations Support, Engineering, Quality and Operations Training
- Develops seasonal guides, approval samples and requirements documentation
Leadership / Team Building / Culture
- Product & Designs/Fonts – Works alongside Tech Team, Merchandising, Operations Support, Information Technology, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams.
- Delivers and maintains development calendar that incorporates production timelines
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding all specifications, quality standards, and execution regarding development, implementation, and functioning in personalization
- Supports functions analyzing the cost-effectiveness of product as related to current and proposed personalization options.
- Works cross-functionally to aid in the implementation of new processes, options, and plans – including, but not limited to, cost avoidance or cost savings plans.
- Organizes the internal approval process for all aspects of personalization: products, product enhancements, and product redesign
- Current state process improvements.
- Works with Engineering, Operations, Operations Training, and Operations Support teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of personalization materials and process.
- Works with Information Technology teams to ensure accuracy and improve customer facing interactions align with all specifications and requirements.
- Production Transition
- Ensures all departments are prepared for launch of product/personalization.
- Distributes images and all relevant information to cross-functional partners.
- Ensures documents (Placement Guides, Inspection Guides, QA) have correct information.
- Assists with creation and validation of all data in customer facing systems with regard to personalization.
- Aids in sharing all appropriate information with Consultant Support Training.
- Works in a team environment supporting team goals and maintains an effective relationship. Strives for continuous improvement of practice, process, systems, and relationships.
- Develops a strong cross departmental (IT, Finance, Design, Merchandising, Product, Sales, Marketing, Consultant Support, Operations, etc.) relationship.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 1-3+ years of experience in product/personalization development or related field with a focus on personalization
- Must have working knowledge of project management concepts and techniques.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally, in verbal and written form, upward, downward and laterally; internal and external audiences.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and perform under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented, with solid analytical skills.
- Team-oriented, with experience in facilitating scheduled team meetings and work sessions.
- Excellent time management and human relations.
- Ability to analyze applications and systems with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong decision making skills for problem identification and selection of alternatives.
- Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint