Provide analysis, design, deployment, and technical administration support for Oracle database and application environments that are used to support the Laboratory's operations and mission processes. Evaluate and configure complex application system components and the supporting database and operating system functions. Analyze and respond to a variety of complex issues that require in-depth theoretical, technical and functional knowledge.
Concentrated efforts towards Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Fusion Middleware Servers, Oracle Business Intelligence, Integrations, and the ability to support large analytical databases. Required skills in Oracle Middleware and Oracle Databases, including administration and support of Oracle EBS, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Essbase, SQL Server, Hyperion, and Informatica. Additionally, knowledge of related tools and support for Change & Release Management, Security and Compliance, PL\SQL, Query and System Performance Tuning, Data Backups & Recovery.
Required Qualifications (at least 8 years practical, hands on experience with the following):
- Participates in both daily and off-hours administration and support, monitoring database system performance, assisting with critical or emergency failures as a primary technical subject matter expert.
- Responsible for updates, patches, continuity plans and on-going maintenance for databases, application servers and third-party software packages.
- Responsible for production support and project tasks; provides clear and updated project task status to stakeholders, management and team members.
- Contributes to design and architecture of platform and functional solutions, change and release processes, developer support, and security and compliance auditing.
- Understands business requirements and determines database and configuration requirements for implementing applications using industry standard best practices.
- Functions as primary liaison for Oracle Support and related Third Party Vendor support.
- Responsible for change and release management for code and configuration deployments (both custom/in house developed and third party) including execution of these processes using Service Now.
- Contributes to the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of DBA and Information Technology processes and standards that meet compliance, quality assurance, and auditing needs.
- Effectively balances multiple competing priorities and work activities.
- Frequently is a liaison between vendors, developers, clients, and management. Enhances customer service and relationships between clients, management, and technical staff.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of the Laboratory’s application environments and technical infrastructure.
- Evaluates new hardware, software, systems tools and applications .
- Partners with Infrastructure Engineering, Network Engineering, Cyber Security and Operations Support on all ITS related changes and initiatives.
- Database Administration and support for Oracle R11 & R12 RDBMS, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Hyperion, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Essbase, SQL Server, Hyperion, and Informatica.
Security compliance and requirements for moderate level financial and business data, including NIST, HIPPA, Oracle wallet configuration, encryption keys and support for content and transport encryption using SSL, SSH, PGP, SFTP, and other related tools.
In-depth administration knowledge of operating systems and system support functions on a cross platform environment including Linux and Microsoft Windows Server, shell scripting and automation.
Administration, deployment, and support of client and server-side Java installations, including security, patching, and integration testing.
Experience utilizing source code change control tools such as subversion/GIT and knowledge of best practices of software configuration and schema change management.
Strong experience working with third party support infrastructure (i.e., My Oracle Support) and working issues through third party technical support organization.
SQL and PL/SQL development (including data architecture and tables, views, procedures, packages, triggers, schemas). An emphasis in performance tuning queries and application systems, working with developers to create needed functionality with proper performance.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
Relevant Bachelor's Degree and 14 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or, relevant Master's Degree and 12 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Or, relevant PhD and 9 or more years of experience or equivalent relevant education/experience. Applies extensive IS expertise and has full knowledge of related disciplines. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Superior leadership and project management skills. Skilled in analytical techniques, practices and problem solving. Extensive architecture and design for various computer software programs and information systems.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at NREL you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
NREL is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. NREL promotes a work environment that does not discriminate against workers or job applicants and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or veteran status, including special disabled veterans.
NREL validates right to work using E-Verify. NREL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.