Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
BCG's Marketing, Sales & Pricing Practice leverages deep customer insight and a powerful arsenal of data, tools & analytics to inspire revolutionary thinking in all aspects of marketing, sales and pricing. With low risk and high returns, we help digitally transform how clients go to market and generate significant value. The foundation of our success continues to be outstanding value created for even the most leading-edge of our clients: double digit revenue growth and margin expansion. We seek to be leading-edge, and continue to invest in our programs and arsenal of tools and proprietary data. Highlights include:  MSP Catalyst (our flagship software platform), Pricing advantagement Centers,  Center for Customer Insight, Google partnership and joint Digital Academy, and Customer Analytics solutions. The MSP is at the forefront of  DigitalBCG, driving digital go-to-market transformation, and offering our clients leading-edge solutions on  Personalization,  Digital Marketing,  Next Generation Sales and Customer Journeys. We are consistently rated as having the deepest commercial [consulting] capabilities of any consulting firm. And, we have broad experience across both B2B and B2C sectors, and across the globe. References Visible links 1. https://www.bcg.com/capabilities/marketing-sales/catalyst/default.aspx 2. https://www.bcg.com/capabilities/marketing-sales/center-customer-insight/default.aspx 3. https://www.bcg.com/en-us/digital-bcg/overview.aspx 4. https://www.bcg.com/en-us/capabilities/marketing-sales/personalization.aspx 5. https://www.bcg.com/en-us/capabilities/marketing-sales/digital-marketing.aspx 6. https://www.bcg.com/en-us/capabilities/marketing-sales/next-generation-sales.aspx
BCG continues to expand its Marketing, Sales & Pricing practice and experience increasing demand, particularly in the area of Email Marketing. We are currently looking for an Expert Consultant who can help us grow, nurture, and expand our e-mail development skillset within the firm. Candidates will bring significant email development experience by coding and designing emails using common languages (HTML, CSS) to support test-and-learn programs for our clients. Candidates will also be called on to act as a consultant by supporting client teams with personalization support, email marketing strategy, MarTech, and email measurement/reporting. Additionally, ideal candidates will demonstrate success by managing client relationships, adding value to the selling process, and contributing thought leadership of email marketing to, and on behalf of, the firm.
Candidates will be called on to own end-to-end email campaign pilots from concept to completion, primarily leveraging their deep platform knowledge and coding/CX design skillset within major ESPs (Salesforce, Adobe). Candidates must have illustrated hands-on support in building and launching email campaigns and must have a strong understanding of the end-to-end process including, but not limited to, email templates, content blocks, target audience selection, suppression/waterfall logic, launch/QA processes, and send monitoring/reporting.
Execution of Email development-related assignments for clients:
Collaborate with BCG and client leaders, bring deep marketing/email strategy and development expertise to the team, to help design and implement test-and-learn experiments and measure/validate return on marketing investment within email. You will also focus on transferring these capabilities to client marketing organizations and their executing partners
Support case teams, especially those with need for deep and hands-on approach, as an individual contributor as an e-mail specialist with a specific focus on building and developing email campaigns
Act as project oversight for a case module level on select topic. Own module process, content, and day to day client interactions. Be equally capable to “roll up sleeves” to deliver flawless execution
Ensure high quality of work, and relevance of the strategic and operational recommendations
Interact with and guide key marketing partners of our clients (i.e. agencies, tech partners) to optimize operating models based on client specific needs
Enable client's in-house teams on the understanding of usage and benefits of data-driven marketing execution
The Expert Consulting Track (ECT) is vital to BCG’s ability to successfully meet our clients’ demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Experts deliver next-level impact for BCG's most complex and cutting-edge client challenges. Experts focus on developing BCG's thought leadership, commercial capabilities, and intellectual property assets; and their work is essential to our delivery model. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to bring the ‘best of BCG’ to our clients, Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise often gained outside of BCG in industry, academia, or specialized consulting.
- 3+ years’ experience building, executing, and scaling cross-functional email marketing campaigns (including automated flows) from concept to completion; including testing, development, and reporting for an established brand.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in end-to-end email development, leveraging HTML, CSS, SQL and other languages; experience developing emails in enterprise ESPs – Salesforce or Adobe preferred
- 3+ years of experience in driving personalization within e-mail campaigns, including hands-on experience with content personalization platforms and/or CMS’s (e.g. Movable Ink, Contentful, Aprimo)
- Hands-on experience building or redesigning email templates within popular ESPs. You should be able to seamlessly reconfigure clients’ email template and/or content blocks with relative ease
- Strong problem-solving skills backed by a willingness to tackle large, ambiguous problems
- Hypothesis-driven thinking – leads with an answer first and rigorously analyzes and interprets data to refine recommendations
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and straightforward manner
- Manage all phases of projects/campaigns from beginning to end with sufficient autonomy
- Ability to synthesize, design, and conduct formal presentations to all levels of management on issues or findings in assigned areas or subjects
- Ability to work well with people from all levels of the organization, many different disciplines, and communicate technical “speak” to stakeholders of varying degrees of technical and business experience
- Demonstrate good decision-making and judgment while working under pressure
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
BCG's Marketing, Sales & Pricing Practice (MSP) leverages deep consumer and customer insight to inspire revolutionary thinking in all aspects of marketing, branding, sales/channels and pricing. The foundation of our success continues to be outstanding value created for even the most leading-edge of our clients: double digit revenue growth and margin expansion.
The MSP has been BCG's fastest growing functional practice over the past five years. We believe the market opportunity continues to be huge as the go-to-market revolution affects the entire commercial landscape, and clients seek go-to-market transformation and growth.
We seek to be leading-edge and continue to invest in our programs and arsenal of tools and proprietary data. Highlights include: Center for Consumer & Customer Insight, Pricing Enablement Centers, Google partnership and joint Digital Academy, and Customer Analytics solutions.
YOU’LL BE BASED IN:
US: Location is flexible to any US city where BCG currently has an office (Boston, New York, Brooklyn, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Raleigh, Nashville).
YOU’LL BE TRAVELING:
Travel is anticipated and will vary based on specific project locations.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS:
Boston Consulting Group (“BCG”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The first year base compensation for this role is $190,000 USD.
In addition to your base salary, you will also be eligible for an annual discretionary performance bonus and BCG’s Profit Sharing and Retirement Fund (PSRF) contribution. BCG also provides a market leading benefits package described below.
At BCG, we are committed to offering a comprehensive benefit program that includes everything our employees and their families need to be well and live life to the fullest. We pay the full cost of medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees – and their eligible family members.* That’s zero dollars in premiums taken from employee paychecks. All our plans provide best in class coverage:
Zero dollar ($0) health insurance premiums for BCG employees, spouses, and children
- Low $5 (USD) copays for trips to the doctor, urgent care visits and prescriptions for generic drugs
- Dental coverage, including up to $5,000 (USD) in orthodontia benefits
- Vision insurance with coverage for both glasses and contact lenses annually
- Reimbursement for gym memberships and other fitness activities
- Fully vested retirement contributions made annually, whether you contribute or not
- Generous paid time off including vacation, holidays, and annual office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Paid Parental Leave and other family benefits such as elective egg freezing, surrogacy, and adoption reimbursement
- Employees, spouses, and children are covered at no cost. Employees share in the cost of domestic partner coverage.