About the Team
The DoorDash Recruiting Team is focused on helping to build DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner with hiring teams to design and execute recruiting strategies that enable DoorDash to hire exceptional talent in the most efficient and unbiased ways.
Our focus areas are:
- RECRUITING STRATEGY--We partner with hiring teams to design recruiting strategies & processes to consistently attract and hire amazing people at scale.
- BUILDING RECRUITING CAPABILITIES--We develop and build capabilities in the people of DoorDash to be an extension of the Recruiting team, increasing their skills and confidence in assessing quality talent with an eye on creating diverse & inclusive teams
- CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE--We manage the finesse of the interview scheduling and logistics to create a memorably personalized and unparalleled candidate experience.
- QUALITY OF HIRE--We are a true partner in hiring; it's our job to help managers ensure we take a structured approach to hiring to ensure we are hiring only the best for DoorDash!
The majority of the Recruiting team is based in San Francisco, CA (our headquarters) and we have a growing Recruiting team in Phoenix, AZ as well as Recruiters in Chicago, New York and Nebraska.
About the Role
Our hyper-growth in Phoenix has us looking for a Recruiter that can help scale our Customer Support teams to more than double over the next year. You will be part of a growing team of Recruiters in Phoenix focused on high-volume recruiting. You will partner with hiring managers, fellow Recruiters and your Recruiting Manager in Phoenix (to be hired) to strategize on recruiting process, hiring targets and sourcing initiatives needed to help achieve the hiring targets. You will help to execute batch interview days to meet volumes of candidates each week to hit our hiring targets. You will communicate regular updates on hiring status to our Recruiting and business partners. And you will be a thought partner to help us design and execute recruiting processes that scale allowing us to recruit high-quality and diverse talent!
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Draw upon your recruiting background to identify and manage candidates throughout the hiring process, from initial contact through offer accept
- Act as a recruiting consultant to business partners on hiring strategies, sourcing strategies and initiatives aimed at helping us to hire quality talent at scale.
- Screen resumes at the top of funnel, draft compelling communications to candidates to keep them engaged in the process and ensure that candidates are flowing through the process according to our timeline goals.
- Be part of a team that manages high-volume recruiting carrying upwards of 200 reqs per year
- Provide regular status reports to Recruiting and Business leaders
- Ensure that candidate tracking is up to date and compliant in our ATS (Greenhouse)
- Maintain professional and courteous communication with candidates to foster long-term relationships
- Be the face of DoorDash to our amazing candidates!
We're excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of full-lifecycle Recruiting experience,
- You preferably have Recruiting experience in a high-volume environment for customer support or sales roles.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment - the Phoenix office is growing and there are new things to be learned and built daily.
- You're excited about building Recruiting capabilities in hiring partners through on-the-job partnership and training.
- You are Bold: you're creative in your approach to recruiting; you're not afraid to leverage non traditional methods of reaching candidates; you're solutions oriented and a creative problem solver; you promote experimentation and approach challenges with openness and a willingness to improve; you tests the boundaries of experimentation without fear
- You are Relentless: you love the hunt for the right person; you're unwavering in hiring to a high bar of quality; you're action and results oriented; you have enthusiasm and fire in the belly; you are driven to take ownership
- You are Optimistic: you're energized about getting to the root cause of issues and coming up with creative solutions; you're resilient and self aware; you're able to talk about things that didn't go well and see growth as the ability to learn from mistakes.
- You are Thoughtful: you place great importance on candidate experience (follow through, response time, feedback, etc); you show hiring managers and candidates respect through the recruiting process; you have high EQ
- You are Humble: you believe no job is beneath you; you focus on doing the right thing not the easy thing; you lead through influence; and you demonstrate integrity.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Delivering Good"
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn't going to be easy, and our mission isn't for the faint of heart. But if you're daring, and you want to make a dent, let's chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.