Neurology - Epilepsy
Will support SUDEP (sudden unexpected death in epilepsy) study. The Research Assistant I will assist with preliminary data collection, EEG file curation, annotation, and other study coordination tasks, as assigned for this full time non exempt role located in the Texas Medical Center.
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as...
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more!
Under close direction of senior research staff, conducts activities to support research projects.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Under close supervision, conducts research activities according to research protocol. Research activities may include some or all of the following: patient recruiting and screening, traditional laboratory experiments and activities, informatics, field interviewer recruiting, screening and training and/or animal laboratories.
- May maintain clean laboratory equipment and/or work area to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Collects, evaluates, and interprets research data to provide needed information to principal investigators and other researchers. Updates notebooks, records, and databases as needed.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department.
- Orders laboratory and/or other supplies as directed by senior research staff.
- As needed, may coordinate the work of laboratory technicians and assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of research fields.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
No years of experience.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds constantly and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of Texas.