Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
PRIMARY CUSTOMERS, PARTNERS, AND TEAM:
At Adventist University of Health Sciences (ADU), our primary customers are students, faculty, staff and patients. Our partners are physicians, allied health clinicians, and other employees of Florida Hospital.
Distance Education Instructors are employed by the University to teach certain distance learning courses (Internet, asynchronous, synchronous, and video-based) under the direction of the course coordinator. Distance Education Adjuncts lead in the instruction of small groups of students organized around synchronous chat groups. This position is responsible for leading chats and threaded discussions and grading all academic work for their section. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ability to work in both a face-to-face and online teaching environment
- Knowledge of computer based academic delivery systems
- Ability to work with an ethnically diverse student body
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Degree at or above the degree level of the course being taught, from a regionally-accredited academic institution
- A minimum of 18 graduate-level semester hours of credit in the discipline(s) being taught.
- Meet the standards set by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges and Universities.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Doctorate degree from a regionally-accredited academic institution
- At least two years of distance (online) teaching experience
Demonstrates behaviors at Adventist University of Health Sciences in harmony with the “Four Words” Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship
- In collaboration with the course coordinator, maintain the integrity of the curriculum
- Facilitate the course content in accordance with the stated objectives
- Maintain high standards of excellence in online facilitation, serve as a role model for students in professional interactions
- Facilitate individual and group learning goals
- Moderate small group online synchronous chat sessions, actively interact in online small group discussion forums
- Demonstrate competency of theoretical knowledge in area(s) of expertise
- Assess, evaluate, and monitor student progress, provide timely feedback to students
- Record and maintain accurate class records, provide the course coordinator with on-going data related to student performance
- Participate in course content meetings
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.