The Director of Financial and Investments & Capital Markets Public Relations will report directly to the Sr. Director of Public Relations, and work closely with the SVP of Communications, Marketing, and External Relations. He/she will partner with the CFO, CEO, and Head of Investments & Capital Markets for all PR/communications/media relations relating to the firm’s financial reporting and capital markets/securitization activities. In a time of transformation for the organization, this individual will telegraph to the market the continuing strength of the firm’s financial footing, as well as advocate for Freddie Mac’s novel products and/or approaches to the secondary mortgage market, particularly with financial media outlets (Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Institutional Investor, etc.).
In concert with the rest of the Communications and Investor Relations team, this leader will serve as spokesperson in the presentation of Freddie Mac’s growth to the public, with a particular emphasis on financially-savvy media outlets and external investors/stakeholders.
- Supporting the CEO and the CFO in connection with the quarterly and annual financial reporting, including developing accurate, compelling, and comprehensive written communications for internal and external audiences
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for the Investments and Capital Markets (I&CM) line of business and working closely with I&CM executive leadership to create and deliver effective communications
- Maintaining and developing relations with key financial reporters and managing interviews, including interviewee preparation and follow-ups
- Developing and executing strategic plans to support firm financial reporting and the I&CM business
- Working collaboratively with Social Media and Design Studio groups to create creative content and spearhead delivery and distribution
- Being accountable for issues management, proactive and reactive media management, crisis response and reputational risk management related to the scope of the position’s duties
- Drafting press releases, Q&A, talking points, key message documents and conducting internal/external briefings with senior leadership across the firm and business groups, with particular emphasis on the I&CM business
- 15+ years related experience specifically with earnings and financial reporting media strategy and relations
- Excellent media relations, writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining relationships with news and financial media outlets as well as executive leaders/clients
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on complex business policy issues
- Experience in Financial Services a strong plus, preferably mortgage banking, though not required
- BA in related discipline
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.