I. Job Summary
Responsible for planning and directing Quality process to meet customer requirements and strive for continuous
improvement, corrective actions and supplier quality management. Develops and initiates
standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering
fields such as chemical, electrical, or mechanical. Interpret and implement standards and
specifications relating to AS9100, Nadcap, aerospace industry standards and customer
II. Essential Job Functions
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Through functional groups determine and enforce quality and safety requirements in accordance with company needs, based on current regulations and state-of-the art product development.
- Assist QM in organizing and promote company wide quality improvement efforts.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability and safety.
- Directly responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the company quality system.
- Reports on the performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the system.
- Interpretation and implementation of AS9100, Nadcap, aerospace and customer specifications.
- Establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities. This includes identifying and managing internal calibration systems.
- Identify and implement internal corrective and preventive actions.
- Establish and measure continuous improvement goals and objectives.
- Manage an effective Customer Complaint resolution system.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Education/Experience/Skills Required
- A.S. Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience with three to five years quality experience in a manufacturing environment, Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- ASQ Certification is desired.
- Inspection experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the Quality System Regulation AS9100, Nadcap and quality standards.
- Exposure to six sigma and lean manufacturing tools desired.
- Strong communication, analytical and technical writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Word, Excel & Access.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- SPC knowledge and experience.
IV. Physical Requirements
- Individual required to be sighted (can be medically corrected).
- Clear verbal and written communications skills.
- Job includes lifting of product/supplies ranging from minimal up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Individual will be required to be mobile, with bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and crouching.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended
to be all-inclusive.
They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform
the essential functions of the position.