Branch General Manager – Fulton, IL
CertaSite, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a growing, people-focused life safety company on a mission to protect lives and property. We take our job seriously because we know what’s at stake if we don’t. Leveraging technology, we see the opportunity to provide our customers a single, easy solution that they can count on to install, service and maintain all their life safety systems.
The Branch (General) Manager is critical to our daily and strategic success. Successful candidates in this role possess skills that ensure customer satisfaction, assigning the right person to each job, and following through to ensure success of the team and the branch. This position is based in Fulton, IL. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages daily operations of field technicians, sales associates, and administrative staff.
- Oversees and administers the operational budget with Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility, establishing business plans with the sales force and encouraging field staff to build on existing customer needs.
- Leads all aspects of customer service and communications with customers to ensure satisfaction and exceeded expectations.
- Sells and promotes company services and products.
- Implements strategic sales plans to accomplish corporate goals.
- Identifies areas of concern relative to the business or staffing and communicates with Human Resources, Operations and Executive Leadership.
- Plans and reviews compensation and performance for team members; including new hire check-ins and annual performance reviews.
- Promotes the company in a professional manner, verbally, on social media, and elsewhere.
- Follows and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Manages inventory of equipment, vehicles and parts.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Branch Manager or similar management role, preferably in the Life Safety or Fire Protection industry; 5 years’ experienced preferred.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED; College Degree preferred.
- Proven team management experience with emphasis technical/professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of solution-based and consultative selling skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment with demonstrated track record in juggling multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Branch Office setting (50%) and Customer Site setting (50%).
- Exposed to a wide variety of work environments, indoors, outdoors, hot to cold temperatures, and varying degrees of dust, noise, and lighting.
- Occasional overnight travel to customer location o for corporate meetings.
- Ability to properly lift to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder to 12’ or higher.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, and raising hands overhead.
- Driving short to far distances.
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this position in accordance with safety standards.
CertaSite is growing rapidly despite an underdeveloped business-to-business approach. In short, CertaSite is a strong business that presents ample opportunity for success for team members who are motivated, enthusiastic, professional, and connect with the company’s mission, vision and values.
The company offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including generous paid time off, health insurance, 401(k) with company match, dental, vision, life & disability, industry training and professional development. This position also includes a monthly commission based on your team’s productivity, iPhone, and IPad.
CertaSite is funded by The Riverside Company with participation from prominent angel investors.
- The company is a prized investment of Riverside’s high-powered MicroCap fund;
- The company is a healthy, growing business with strong EBITDA margins poised for its next level of growth;
- A world-class sponsor with over $7 billion in assets under management and a best-in-class track record of scaling mid-sized companies; and
- Ample time remaining in Riverside’s investment period for the new Fire Protection Alarms/Suppression Technician to create significant value and further build upon an impressive, culture-rich, and valuable Company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- fire protection: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible