The Director of Special Event Sales is responsible for all banquet functions from orientation to execution, including the delegation of responsibilities to his/her catering sales staff. He/she also supports the General Manager by completing task as directed.
- Manages the property's reactive and proactive catering sales efforts
- Develops and implements sales strategies to achieve maximum revenues
- Creates and manages quarterly and monthly sales plan
- Builds local client base through sales calls, prospecting, networking, referrals
- Responds to customer inquiries and develops customers independently
- Promotes restaurant though local networking and organizations
- Approves and negotiates contracts for catering sales team
- Analyzes competition to maintain competitiveness and right pricing
- Responsible for the financial performance of the department verifying that the team maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and implementation of other best revenue generating practices
- Prepares all monthly reports for support center including accurate sales forecasts and booking reports
- Achieves or exceeds booking goals and budgets for self and team
- Establishes team and individual sales goals
- Ensure successful events that meet both the client needs and company’s profitability guidelines
- Communicate all relevant information to appropriate departments in a timely fashion and in a detailed manner
- Ensures team sells products and services that the operations team has the ability to successfully execute
- Responds in a timely manner to customer issues and resolves complaints
- Maintain effective communication, direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
- Provides support and coaching to team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
- Celebrate team success
- Creates sales activity expectation
- Must wear approved manufacturer certified slip resistant or non-slip shoes at all times while working
- College Degree
- 5 years of progressive, strong sales experience with a catering company, full service hotel or restaurant
- Experience managing a Catering Sales Department team
- Strong catering sales and event planning experience
- Experience in accurate forecasting, and preparation of sales plans and financial reports
- Work with fluctuating schedule based on departmental requirements.
- Observe all SRC Polices and Procedures.
- Must be able to create and maintain a team atmosphere with in the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained and have an adequate work load.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge of including but not limited to MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Highly organized and creative
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English.
- Flexible schedule; schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements
- Local travel required when considered necessary.
- Must be able to walk, stand and/or sit for hours at a time. Lift and carry up to 10-30lbs.
Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.
Job Type: Full-time