FCL Builders is based in Chicago with offices in TX, GA, WI, PA, and MD. The bulk of our work is in the design and construction of new Warehousing & Distribution, Cold Storage & Food Processing and Manufacturing facilities. We take pride in our work and our company culture that is centered around our commitment to customer happiness. As a result, FCL remains a nationwide leader in our industry with projects located throughout the United States.
FCL Builders has an opportunity for a detail-oriented Paralegal to join our team in the Corporate office.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring legal compliance pertaining to business transactions within the organization.
· Preparation of transactional documents/contracts.
· Provide resources to ensure projects are completed in strict accordance with construction documents.
· Draft, review, and edit contracts, reports, and legal documents.
· Gather information, statements, affidavits as needed.
· Ensure legal compliance within the organization pertaining to all business transactions.
· Perform legal research as needed.
· Assist in setting up and coordinating litigation matters.
· Assist in legal matters handled by outside counsel as needed.
· Maintain documents in an orderly fashion.
· Secure and maintain licensing necessary to the business such as State licenses.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/LICENSES
· Paralegal certification, Associate level or higher from an ABA approved program.
· 5 plus years as a paralegal in a real estate environment.
Well versed in many kinds of real estate transactions and documents.
Working knowledge of AIA or other industry standard contracts.
High degree of integrity due to exposure to financial documents and private information regarding company and clients.
Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret needs and develop integrated, applicable solutions.
Ability to effectively communicate with executives within the organization in written and oral form.
Ability to read, understand, and compose legal contracts.
Well-versed in software specific to job duties such as MS Suite and the ability to learn new software.
FCL Builders will make reasonable accommodations in compliances with the ADA and ADA Amendments Act.
FCL Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
At will employment applies per state law.
Job Type: Full-time