This is a unique opportunity for an hourly paid internship! Come gain much needed real life experience in a retail setting. Learn the ins and outs of fashion merchandising, business reporting and KPI's as well as how to impact business with behaviors. Must be available 5-15 hours per week including one weekend shift. This internship lasts until your schools hour requirements have been fulfilled. Apply online via indeed. An application to the ascena webpage must be submitted in order for the intern to receive pay. Any coursework requirements and specifications for hours must be submitted to the store and district managers in order for your internship assignments to be made. Please submit via email or google drive docs.
Internships are available at any time thru the year although the typical duration is over a summer or in some cases winter break. Notify the store manager of your required hours.
This position requires similar responsibilities as a member of our management team. It is expected that because this position has premium associate pay, that the intern contributes to the team in a much more significant way than a regular part-time associate would.
- LOFT launched in 1998 and today has over 650 full-price and outlet stores in Canada, Mexico and in over 46 US states. LOFT creates modern, feminine and versatile clothing for a wide range of women with one common style goal: to look and feel confident, wherever the day takes them. From everyday essentials to attainable trends, LOFT consistently serves up color, print, pattern and novelty that never compromises on quality and fit (from petites to plus to tall to maternity). We connect with millions through LOFT.com, email, social media and our stores. LOFT's mission is to deliver to each of them the styles that reflect the world she lives in, because we know there's no one way to look, live or feel great-we embrace them all.
- We believe what you do is just as important as how you do it. We're committed to fostering a community where all Associates lead with their strengths, feel connected to what we stand for, are accountable to growing our culture together, and are supported in their individual development. You're invited to discover the unparalleled opportunities that await you.
- Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Student Intern at our Store 3065-Outlet Shops at Louisville-ANN-Simpsonville, KY 40067.
- Position Overview:
- Responsibilities will include: Providing exceptional client services, operating as the Manager on Duty in the absence of a manager, performing operational and transactional functions, handling client service issues, issuing approvals for desk transactions as well as opening and closing the store. The Student Intern refer all duties which require managerial experience and/or approval to the Store Manager (e.g. disciplinary action, hiring, and terminating associates).
- Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Embraces our values & sets an example through his/her behaviors
- Responsible for compliance with all ANN INC. practices and procedures
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager or Co-Manager * Intern Responsibilities:
- In addition to Sales Associate roles of providing excellence in delivering the Client Experience, the Intern is responsible for supporting the Store Manager and CO-Manager in overseeing the operational functioning of the store including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the business strategy & adjusting to effectively reach goals
- Driving revenue by proactively managing the client experience while effectively performing Manager On Duty responsibilities – Assuming the MOD role when Store Manager/Co-Manager is not on the floor
- Utilizing tools to ensure a client-focused team environment
- Driving volume & anticipating clients’ needs while communicating store metrics & individual performance to motivate associates
- Coaching Associates “in the moment” on client interactions & performance to maximize productivity & capture client opportunities
- Possessing keys to the store, performing opening and closing procedures in the absence of management (e.g., opening/closing registries, opening checklists, bank deposits, filling in, recovery, cleaning, retrieves/send email, review AT Web, accepts/receives shipment
- Assuming PIN and signature privileges for register functions requiring approval
- Utilizing reports to make effective merchandising decisions & style the store in Division standards
- Leveraging tools, assessing and taking action to drive operational excellence through Stanard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Ensure optimal coverage and productivity in all areas of the store through scheduling appropriately
- Complete daily tasks to ensure store runs smoothly and meets all ANN INC. standards and guidelines
- Reports to work as scheduled; records time worked accurately by using ANN INC.’s Time and Attendance system; remains flexible to the needs of the business
- Embraces fashion, understands current market trends and is able to articulate them using ANN INC. interpretations in every client interaction. Represents the brand by adhering to ANN INC.’s dress code guidelines
- Treats others fairly and with respect, valuing differences * Position Requirements:
- Client Service: Ensures that the client remains the top priority while balancing required tasks and overall store operations
- Store Operations and Organization: Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines
- Merchandising: Knowledge of visual standards and techniques, and ability toimplement and maintain with ANN INC.’s guidelines
- Accuracy: Ability to handle cash and provide change without error. Ability to prepare nightly deposit as necessary. Captures accurate information for all transactions including signatures, addresses, and original receipt data
- Communication: Communicates effectively with Clients, Members of Management, Buyisness Partners, and Store Associates
- Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening and weekend shifts
- Physical: Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds occasionally. Maneuver effectively around sales floor, stock room and office * Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum six months Sales Associate experience with ANN INC. or equivalent experience with another retailer in a position of sales associate or higher
- Part-time or full-time managerial experience preferred * Location:
- Store 3065-Outlet Shops at Louisville-ANN-Simpsonville, KY 40067
- Position Type:
- Regular/Part time
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all employment decisions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under applicable law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
- The Company welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the application process.
- Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Company unless designated smoking areas have been established by a particular location in accordance with applicable law.
- Note to Rhode Island Applicants: The Company is subject to Chapters 29 – 38 of Title 28 of the General Laws of Rhode Island, and is therefore covered by the state’s workers’ compensation law.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $9.50 to $10.00 /hour
- College: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Required)