Sir John Soane's Museum Foundation
New York City
The Sir John Soane's Museum Foundation is a New York based 501 (c) (3) organization founded in 1991. The Foundation conducts lectures and study tours, sponsors fellowships for American graduate and undergraduate students, raises funds for the Sir John Soane's Museum in London, and hosts an annual gala.
The Foundation is seeking an Executive Director who will develop new sources of revenue to support the Foundation and the Sir John Soane's Museum in London, work closely with the Board to expand its constituency of architects, designers and enthusiasts, and produce engaging programs.
Established by an Act of Parliament in 1833, the Museum is the home and architectural laboratory of the pre-eminent 18th Century architect, Sir John Soane. The Museum houses an extraordinary collection of antiquities, architectural drawings, models, architectural fragments paintings, and sculptures, and is a celebrated center for the study of architecture.
- In collaboration with the Board, identify and acquire new sources of revenue including individual donations, grants, and corporate sponsorships
- Oversee the operations of the Annual Gala
- Develop fundraising materials and communications to maximize growth opportunities
- Operate our annual program of lectures, study tours, and events
- Create innovative ways to grow the constituency and increase membership
- Oversee Foundation fellowship programs for American students
- Maintain open channels of communication with the Foundation Board and the Museum staff in London
- Design and implement methods of communication that keep Soane visible with a growing constituency
- Open new avenues of communication in social media; maintain lively, innovative social media presence
- Oversee the re-conceptualization of the web site
- Prepare budgets and projections
- Maintain the data base keeping it active and relevant
- Manage the banking function
- Manage transactions related to Foundation activities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management of a nonprofit organization
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for art, design, architecture
- Proven leadership abilities with collaborative style to manage board and members
- Ability to set strategic direction and execute on objectives
- Budgeting and financial experience within a nonprofit
- Track record of successful fundraising and increasing revenue
- Proficient knowledge of marketing/communications (social, print, digital), fundraising, and donor management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects/events
- Expert knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to travel with the Soane Travel Program and to London for Annual Museum Board Meeting
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience
This is a full-time consulting role requiring some evenings and international travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time