Join a team of talented controls engineers to pioneer the next generation of automation systems for AWS data centers. We are passionate about controls and get our energy through challenge, innovation and design. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable, and we strive to find answers to every unknown.
As part of the global controls engineering team, you will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the data center industry. You will drive multiple projects, including multi-million dollar controls deployments and retrofitting legacy buildings. Utilizing Amazon leadership principles, you will develop new processes or standards and test new innovations in the controls space.
Success as a controls engineer is measured by:
- Driving the controls lifecycle
- Developing project scope, specifications, engineering drawings
- Deciphering mechanical, electrical and plumbing drawings
- Having an understanding of HVAC equipment and technology
- Ensuring systems are deployed and commissioned to Amazon standards
- Working with colocation data center providers to provide the clearest possible picture of the operating environment to site staff
- Innovating and simplifying the deployment process
- Servicing and maintaining buildings in your area of ownership
- Striving for frugality throughout the project lifecycle
- Maintaining a strong customer focus and translating customer needs into solutions
- Removing road blocks during project execution
- Being a technical subject matter expert for internal customers
- Working autonomously and know when to request assistance
- Promptly identifying answers to unknowns
- Overseeing vendors to execute work
- Evaluating vendor performance
- Analyzing proposals and participate in vendor selection
- Traveling domestically or internationally to manage your projects
- Participating in on-call support rotation
-Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, HVAC, or other related engineering degree, or five (5) years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in project coordination with multiple teams or vendors to meet project requirements.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience installation, configuration, or servicing, one or more of the following products; Siemens: Apogee, Honeywell: Building Controls, Trend: Building Controls, Schneider Electric: PowerLogic/Struxureware, Rockwell Automation: FactoryTalk, Tridium: Niagra, Eaton: Foreseer, ABB: Decathalon, Johnson Controls: Metasys
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation, electrical diagrams, and standard operating procedures.
- Windows Power User skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and project management software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams in construction or development environment.
- Ability to manage multiple (3-12) stakeholder deliverables, requirements, and navigate difficult situations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and justifying budgets, and managing financial performance.
- Experience managing capital projects ranging from $50K to $10M.
- Demonstrated experience developing, managing, or validating performance specifications and requirements.
- Ability to communicate to vendors and make decisions using industry standard knowledge (Controls theory, protocols Modbus / BACnet, mechanical / electrical systems, passive infrastructure).
- Demonstrated experience expanding Controls knowledge base – new systems, technology, etc.
- Experience working in data centers or other critical facilities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.