We are looking for a competent Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our Transportation office. You will undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from dispatching calls, tracking vehicle maintenance, managing TMS software, filing and answering the phone to basic bookkeeping.
An effective office clerk must have the ability to work diligently, to help maintain smooth office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with standard office equipment and procedures. This job requires people skills, technical skills and problem solving skills.
You will be required to learn industry specific terminology, programming, and processes, and you will be required to handle it all with a sense of urgency and capability. You must also have a sense of the Baltimore and surrounding area demographics/geography.
- Must be able to learn and utilize TMS software efficiently and effectively
- Utilize office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc.
- Proficiently Photocopy / Scan / Type / Fax / credit card authorization machine
- Computer literate and competent with a variety of office and communication equipment
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Capacity to quickly learn industry specific software
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Answers the phone and, take Complete Comprehensive Messages. Has the critical thinking skills to determine what comes next.
- Answers the phone and interacts with customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Motivated with a professional demeanor and appearance
- Reconcile invoices according to receipts
- Maintain both electronic and manual files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks
- Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.) and report when there are shortages
- Perform other office duties as assigned
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Clerical: 2 years (Required)