Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, 5G, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve national security missions. You’ll work closely with your customers to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll explore data from various sources, discover patterns and previously hidden insights to address business problems. You’ll will then develop cutting edge AI/ML tools and techniques to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior leadership make informed decisions. You’ll be at the forefront of incorporating AI/ML solutions into the client's workflows, providing them with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use AI/ML for good in national security.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience with advanced data analytic techniques, including data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, graph algorithms, or Natural Language Processing
- 2+ years of experience with Python to perform data analysis, mining, and data visualization
- Experience with massive and diverse data sets, including structured and unstructured data and data gathering, data cleaning, data wrangling, and data visualization
- Experience with feature selection, building and optimizing models, and developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques and accounting for their capabilities and limitations
- Experience with weaving data and analysis into a compelling format that is client- and solutions-driven and easily digestible, resulting in client approval
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to author complex documents describing, visualizing, and presenting analytical results
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree in Data Science, Statistics, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Psychology, Economics, Operations Research, or CS
- Experience with Big Data analysis programming techniques and technologies, including Hadoop, MapReduce, or Spark
- Experience with working at the client site
- Experience with designing and implementing custom machine learning algorithms or graph algorithms
- Experience with deep learning paradigms and frameworks
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- Possession of excellent analytical, data mining, and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
#LI-AH1, CMD, NSG1