The primary responsibilities of the Dining Services Assistant are to provide quality food services and hospitality to each individual resident.
4:15 pm - 7:45 pm
Days will vary to include every other weekend
- Having prior experience in restaurant/dining field is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to speak with appropriate grammar.
- Strong customer service skills; maintain a hospitality approach to engaging with all individuals.
- Read and review instructions and information on break-down sheets, labels and diet information cards; including food preparation requirements (regular, pureed, mechanical soft) portion sizes and resident preferences, allergies, etc. in order to properly serve residents.
- Prepare food or ensured that food that has been prepared is ready to serve at resident meal times and served at the proper temperature and as requested by the resident.
- Prepare and deliver trays as required for delivery.
- Keep all food preparation and service areas clean and sanitized.
- Empty trash receptacles and take to trash bin.
- Operate dishwasher. Clean and sanitize dishes, utensils and serving trays after meals.
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, griddle, toaster in order to perform job duties.
- Stock, remove, cover and store all foods and condiments in units. Label and date all food items. Discard all food items as required under regulations.
- Stock food that has been delivered using First In, First Out method. Check items labeled by the end of the shift. Checks dates and expiration dates on all stock.
- Store cleaning chemicals and sanitizing solutions in proper location and maintain knowledge of proper and safe use of cleaning and sanitizing solutions used to complete work.
- Assist in training new employees and help them learn position.
- Demonstrate dependability, reliability and punctuality. Report to work when scheduled, ready to work.
- Assist residents in the dining room, take orders, deliver food, refill drinks, bus tables, etc.
- Recognize the varying dietary needs of an aging population.