Responsible for keeping all bar/lounge equipment and supplies at the proper par levels throughout all hours of operation in order to ensure proper service to all guests. Responsible for setting up, delivering and retrieving all food & beverage orders to guest rooms, pool area or hospitality suites while ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and profit maximization.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that all bar areas are set up properly for lounge opening.
- Maintain the bar and lounge areas in a neat and orderly condition at all times.
- Assist bartenders in constantly checking the bar for condition of ashtrays, cocktail napkins, empty glasses, cleanliness, etc.
- Replenish ice as needed/requested.
- Ensure all bartenders have sufficient supplies throughout shift.
- Assist bartenders and cocktail servers as outlined on activity schedule or as required.
- Operate glass area as necessary, putting clean glassware in its place, checking often to ensure that you have enough on hand.
- Sweep and mop behind all bar areas at the end of every shift, removing, cleaning and replacing matting each time.
- Set-up and deliver all food and beverage orders in accordance with established guidelines, procedures and policies as prescribed by Company standards.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve all food & beverage trays in order to maintain established sanitation guidelines.
- Set-up and deliver VIP amenities.
- Service all hospitality suites in accordance with BEO and established policies and procedures.
- Complete all shift side work as outlined by manager.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure quality experience and enhance future sales. Report all communication to immediate shift supervisor.
- Perform all cash handling responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures.
Non-essential Job Functions
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Assist in set-up and break down of raw bar as requested by manager.
- Assist in cleaning tables and all lounge area as needed.
- Maintain all inventory of needed supplies.
- Answer the telephone and take all customer orders in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English. One year of employment in a related field with this company or other organization preferred but not necessary. Cleaning and stocking experience preferred.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routing reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are to representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to identify proper supplies. English communication skills. Hospitality skills.
Manages a total of 0 employees of the resort.
Tools and Equipment
- Hand-held Radio
- Point of Sale System
- Credit Card Terminal
Physical Job Requirements
- Lifting, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying – Limited required for carrying cases of liquor, glasses, trash cans, mopping, sweeping
- Bending, Kneeling – Limited required for cleaning and stocking bar areas
- Mobility – Limited required for mopping, sweeping, stocking items
- Continuous Standing – Limited required stocking and cleaning bar and lounge areas
- Climbing – Limited required for stairs
- Driving – Limited required
- Work Environment – 90% inside, 10% outside
- Hearing – Minimal
- Vision – Moderate for seeing items and area to stock and clean and use proper supplies
- Speech – Minimal
- Literacy – Minimal for identifying proper stock items and record usage
- Chemicals, Agents – Limited required
- Protective Clothing – Limited required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time