Success is always in style at TJX! Continue to explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia.
A Solution Architect is a strategic position that partners with key stakeholders in the organization to create leading edge, well-defined solutions that are aligned to the TJX IT Strategy. This role will be focusing on the human capital management and finance domains across the enterprise, including Corporate, Stores and Distribution Centers .
Desired Competency Areas
- Designs, develops and / or maintains the target application architecture and assesses the impact of the future business architecture on existing and future applications
- Translates detailed business and technical requirements into high-performing, reliable conceptual roadmaps and solutions that meet business needs; understands systems and information flow
- Works with the development, production and support teams to provide design guidelines and impart knowledge on technical trends and solutions
- Builds deep understanding of the applications within a specific business domain and is able to assess how solutions align/fit within the broader enterprise architecture;
- Works with Solution Delivery Lead, Business Delivery Services and Solution/Business Architect to review business drivers, needs and strategies and understand implications; Provides technical guidance and oversight to delivery team
- Captures the requirements for future application architecture changes and identifies the techniques and technologies that should be applied at the application level
- Provides significant input into solution design process for all applications within their respective business domain
- Requests exceptions to the referential architecture that are identified as necessary to meet business need due to functionality, timeline, cost, or technical feasibility
- Identifies the hardware and software components the application will use for implementation and provides instruction on how to appropriately implement application components using the respective hardware / software and working alongside their Infrastructure Architecture peers
- Provides support and guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development and testing processes
- Creates project and application architecture deliverables consistent with technology / established ADL standards, methodologies, and best practices
- Maintain application portfolio currency roadmaps.
- Collaborates with Program/ Project managers and QA / Testers to ensure the integrity of a deliverable (standards, quality) are upheld
- Works with Enterprise Architects to align domain-specific solutions with enterprise architecture standards and processes; understands surrounding solutions and enterprise information flow
- Works with Enterprise Architects to participate in and support cross technology process improvement efforts
- Work across all architecture disciplines to collaborate in all solution architecture work
- Support Delivery Leaders with all strategy discussions and work, internally within IT and with the business teams
- Create a collaborative environment for work through respect, honestly, transparency and empathy
- Must be humble, natural learners and skilled teachers
- Must be able to quickly assess audience concerns and relate those concerns to the architecture activities and direction
- Lead the organization through pragmatic vision and strong influence
- Implement as many standards, strategies and business capabilities as possible while understanding feasibility of that demand, the maturity of your domain and the capabilities of your delivery organization
- Must be comfortable meeting and presenting to large groups of people
- Must be able to present architecture components and strategies in a charismatic and compelling way, translating complexity in the
- Must be comfortable in a social environment and building personal relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside of the architecture function
- Must be diligent and organized, able to provide tangible and intangible value and seen as a positive influence and member of teams across the organization
- Participates in the creation of Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models for solution designs throughout the project lifecycle. Ensure technology solution designs meet operating requirements while adhering to capital constraints.
- Ability to span solution architecture activities from the details and specifics of the solution’s memory requirements and at a moment’s notice tie that specific need back to a corporate priority and how that provides shareholder value
- Discipline Areas: Enterprise Architecture, Domain Architecture, Vendor Evaluation, Systems Integration, Agile development methodologies
- Solution Areas: Core HR, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Performance Management, Compensation, On Boarding, Benefits Management, Talent Development, HR Policy and Compliance Management, HR Case Management, Workforce Planning, Workforce Analytics
- Application Packages: Oracle EBS (HR), SuccessFactors HCM suite, PluralSite, Oracle Retail (MOM Suite), Oracle EPM (Hyperion), Oracle Master Data Management (MDM)
- Technologies: Major Platforms (Oracle ExaData/ExaLogic, Windows Server, Unix/Linux, RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server), PLSQL, NoSQL, Technology Stacks (.NET, Java, etc.), Middleware, SOA. Intelligent automation technology skills (AI, Robotic Process Automation, Chat bots, etc.) desired.
What's In It For You?
- 3-6 years of IT experience
- Typically requires 1-3 years of implementation experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in retail systems and/or corporate business operations.
- College degree in related technical / engineering area, or equivalent work experience
- A background in human capital management is desired
- Strong technical experience, database analysis and design experience
- Ability to design solutions that are appropriate to the problem at hand – in terms of simplicity, cost, and support required
- Knowledge of surrounding solutions and enterprise information flow
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards and tools
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools
- Experience in mature development practices (e.g. RUP, CMM, IT4IT etc.)
TJX has campuses conveniently located off the Mass Pike and Route 495. With us, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: