Project Manager -Prolog Specialist Position Description
(THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE LOS ANGELES/ORANGE COUNTY/RIVDERSIDE COUNTY AREA OF LOS ANGELES)
KCS West is looking for a dedicated multi-disciplined Construction Management Professional who is well versed in Prolog and can focus using the program to deliver exceptional projects from conception to completion. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communications skills to foster team work between project management, clients, vendors and projects teams on a daily operational basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise all program and project, internal, external and dashboard reporting
- Manage, track, and update key performance indicators
- Ensure all project cost, data collection, field estimating, productivity analysis, budget, scheduling activities comply with reporting protocols
- Prepare periodic budget reports reflecting the most current estimates of total project costs and estimated yearly budgeted amounts
- Manage and lead the execution and installation of the special systems work and its coordination with the balance of the project
- Communicate and interface closely with the client to develop positive relationships and cooperation
- Manage special systems testing processes that interface closely with vendors and consultants
- Support project management team members with Prolog Manager and Converge—Web Portal
- Prepare a contract items list, develop trade requisitions for bid packages, major material/equipment purchases and assist in the purchasing process
- Provide training, prompt responses to question from team members, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems related to project management system.
- Manage, coach and develop assigned staff
- Provide support to project control and project managements staff to ensure the project management software is being use efficiently and the data is being entered properly into the system.
- Prepare and / or oversee project status and financial reports
- Prepare subcontract change orders for issuance; manage project close out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, sub contract and vendor close, final payment and records retention
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s 4-year College degree
- Three (3) years of building construction BIM experience
- Safety Certification: OSHA 30
- Knowledge of accounting principles and cost control procedures.
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, and engineering principals and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures; a broad understanding of a wide spectrum of materials, their characteristics and their tolerances and limitations; and a general understanding of the operation of various building systems.
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite of programs.
- Excellent knowledge of Prolog Manager and Primavera scheduling desirable.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods.
- Very strong English oral & written communication skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Job Type: Full-time