We are seeking a motivated, detail oriented Office Assistant 3 with a positive and friendly attitude to provide clerical and administrative services to our Nursing Department at Eastern State Hospital located in Medical Lake, Washington. If you are an administrative professional with experience in a medical setting and high volume typing, consider this great opportunity and join us in our mission to Transform Lives!
This is an On Call opportunity, meaning working hours may vary from day to day and are dependent upon business needs.
Some of what you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Perform clerical and administrative services on various wards and departments as needed
- Process medication and treatment orders
- Complete paperwork for patient admissions, discharges, and transfers
- Update ward policy/procedure manuals
- Greet patients, visitors, staff and outside care providers
- Route phone calls to appropriate staff
- Organize and maintain files
- Operate office equipment
Who should apply?
- Knowledge of all hospital, state, and federal regulatory standards, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate the principals of universal precautions and infection control practices
- Knowledge of mental illness and recovery principles
- Ability to work with difficult or angry patients in an approved therapeutic, non-threatening manner
- Effective communication skills with management, peers, patients and the public
- Ability to work as a team member and to resolve personal conflicts in a calm, non-threatening manner
Professionals who have graduated high school or equivalent and two years of clerical experience, one year of which included high volume typing.
Along with your online application, please include current contact information for three professional references and attach the following:
- A cover letter which details you interest and experience as it relates to this opportunity
- A current chronological resume
Questions? Please contact Sean Brauner at (509) 363-4971 and reference #10028.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.