Are you looking for options, not just a job? Are you looking to prove you have what it takes to help grow a company? Does your cat wear sunglasses? Does your dog have more sweaters than you? We call that being “petcentric”. If you’re the leader of the pack and enjoy providing products and services that enrich pets’ lives, then come work in our neighborhood!
P&C Enterprises, a Local and Family owned MN company is looking for a driven, enthusiastic, fun loving, people oriented Groomer for our Eden Prairie, MN location of Pet Supplies Plus.
This is a newer store in the Vadnais Heights market and you will have the opportunity to work with the management team to raise the level of service to our community while creating an energetic, fun-filled environment to work and shop in.
As a Groomer at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will lead your store team by example – including, but definitely not limited to:
- Getting nose kisses from a neighbor’s wet golden retriever
- Seeing excitement and opportunity when you look into a shih tzu’s ear canal
- Making a former shelter resident look like a dashing, dapper schnauzer again
- Helping a terrier look like a poodle because that’s what the neighbor asked for
- Trimming a guinea pig’s nails, because your customers come in all shapes and sizes (and species!)
…All while engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you a leader to beat all leaders? No, you are more than that. You are PAWsome!
Groomer key responsibilities include:
- Delighting neighbors and pets while exceeding their expectations with the highest quality of grooming services including cuts, brushing, bathing, and conditioning
- Groom and style pets per owners’ instruction and/or according to breed standards
- Ensure the wellness and safety of furry patrons at all times
- Develop long-term relationships with pet parents by understanding their needs and recommending products and services that will keep their pet healthy and happy
- Community outreach to attract new neighbors into our store
- Perform routine cleaning to keep the grooming environment fun and inviting
- Assist store team members during grooming downtime
A PAWsome Groomer will:
- Have a High school diploma or GED
- Have 2 years or more of grooming experience with formal training certification
- Have 1 year experience in retail or other service industry where they’ve provided top notch service
- Ability to move or lift merchandise, equipment or pets weighing up to 50 pounds
- Be able to stand, bend or stoop for extended periods of time
- Candidates must be flexible in working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- All candidates must pass the drug, background and validated selection test, and be 16 years or older.
- This position is approximately 40 hours/week
- Benefits are available but will be varied based on experience and include:
- HSA Plan Health Care
- Retirement Contribution
- Compensation will be a 45-60% straight commission plan based on experience
- Start date is immediate. Store opens October 19th.
Rotating Days, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays
PSP 4217 – Eden Prairie, MN
ABOUT PET SUPPLIES PLUS
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 450 locations in 35 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 46 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2018 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
At P&C Enterprises, we are committed to building the Pet Supplies Plus brand in the Minneapolis Metro Area. We are beginning to build multiple locations and are looking for motivated individuals to help grow the brand and benefit from the growth. We are franchise owners for the 3rd largest Pet Specialty Retailer in the country.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Job Type: Commission
Salary: $20,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Salary: $20,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required