Arbor Lodging is a leading hotel investment and management company with a portfolio of hotels across the United States. We have been entrusted by numerous partners and are approved managers for Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG. Our culture is focused on connecting our guests with exceptional experiences. We are people-focused, data-driven, and accountable—to our guests and our clients.
We are currently seeking a
General Maintenance Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensures maintenance and repair service level is maintained to include electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and cooling, structural facilities, grounds and parking areas and exterior sidewalks with other duties as assigned by management.
- Ensures timely response in accordance to brand standards to requests for services by guests, employees, and management to include repair and/or replacement of all interior fixtures and furnishings.
- Monitors the level and quality of services performed by outside contractors in accordance with all lease agreements, service contracts and warranties.
- Maintains accurate records to include serial numbers of all equipment and logs of maintenance activities as required by law, local ordinance, health regulation and brand standards.
- Ensures implementation/execution of ongoing Preventive Maintenance (PM Works software) and
Energy Conservation programs as required by brand and company.
- Ensures all quarterly, semi‐annual, and annual preventative maintenance is completed timely and of quality expectations set forth by management.
- Maintains emergency procedures and equipment, and assists with implementation of all emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and employees.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area free of all hazards. This includes grounds, parking areas, equipment rooms, roof and maintenance office. Maintains and secures adequate inventory of tools and supplies for optimal employee productivity.
- Calculates, submits and monitors actual departmental costs against and insures that costs do not exceed budget.
- Ensures action steps are taken to maintain department’s level of performance against the business plan and budget.
- Perform other duties and special projects assigned by Management as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- May serve as “Manager‐on‐Duty” as required.
QUALIFICATONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This job requires an ability to perform the following:
- Two years vocational training, experience or equivalent in electrical, mechanical, architectural, engineering or plumbing field.
- High school degree preferred.
- Frequently standing up and/or moving within and outside the facility
- Carrying or lifting up to 75 pounds
- Handling objects
The Benefits of Arbor Lodging:
- Communications skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organization and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Competitive salaries
- Annual review with increase potential
- 401k program with company match
- Additional benefits may be available
Arbor Lodging focuses on Five Guiding Principles to maintain a culture that growth, development, and progression within the properties:
- Do the Right Thing - Operate and act with integrity in all you do even when it is not convenient.
- Lead with Heart - Be kind, passionate and hospitable.
- Be Accountable - Take ownership and deliver results.
- Aim Higher - Go above and beyond to exceed expectations and pursue thoughtful change.
- Celebrate Differences - Embrace diversity; respect individual opinions and ideas.
We look forward to speaking with you! Apply today!
Arbor Lodging Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arbor Lodging Management complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.