Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber architecture skills to design and build secure systems for DoD. We’re looking for an architect who can create solutions for DoD that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a solutions architect on our project, you’ll assist with designing, architecting, optimizing, and configuring security solutions for clients. You’ll coordinate work with government clients, vendors, and internal teams to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of warfighter communications. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like endpoint-based detection, response EDR, multi-factor authentication, identity and access management, advanced analytics, and zero trust. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like automation and orchestration of security events, Cyber operations, root analysis, and market research while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team, as we improve Warfighter communications through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role in the following areas: monitoring network activity, including packet inspection, traffic analysis, and performance characterization using software, such as Wireshark and TCPDUMP, Cybersecurity tools and boundary solutions, including Gigamon, Corelight and BRO, Cisco Stealthwatch, Fidelis, OPSWAT, InQuest, and SCHNOZZ, researching the latest security developments in operating systems and applications, various networking technologies, including firewalls, IDS and IPSs, and packet analysis tools, automation and scripting in Python or Ansible, or Security Incident Event Management technologies, including Splunk or Elastic
- Knowledge of current security tools and industry best practices for developing, testing, and maintaining secure networks, including tools, techniques, procedures, tactics, attacks, and forensics
- Ability to provide future architecture recommendations to help optimize or incorporate current security tools, vendors, and practices
- Ability to present highly technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to develop test plans and documentation
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Active Security+ Certification
- Experience with incorporating Security Orchestration and Automation Reponse and Zero Trust Technologies
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- CCNA or CCNP Networking, CEH, OSCP, or CISSP Cybersecurity Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.