The Senior Production Designer will work within studio teams to oversee projects from initial concept to production under the direct supervision of the Studio Design Lead. Sr. Production Designers assist the Studio Design Lead in leading the team to complete projects while setting an example as a senior team member. In addition to some department oversight this role will be managing clear and concise communication throughout aggressive timelines.
- Very strong knowledge of SolidWorks is a MUST, AutoCAD a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of furniture construction.
- Capable of elevating standard details and processes.
- Must be able to think about design details beyond nuts and bolts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard industry tolerances.
- Must be able to read and create floor plans.
- Experience designing, drafting, and building furniture and millwork.
- Comfortable managing time across 10+ projects at once.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing projects or initiatives.
- Manage Jr. Design staff to deliver models and drawings as needed.
- Self-starter who is confident in their own abilities and decision making.
- Drive your team to meet tight deadlines.
- Enjoy establishing and maintaining a creative and collaborative environment.
- A need to define the future of furniture design
- Collaborate with managers and lead fellow designers to establish design intent.
- Lead site surveys to capture pertinent architectural features.
- Create intelligent and nimble SolidWorks models of furniture system components and build assemblies from those components in a thoughtful and editable manner.
- Procure and categorize finish samples from vendors, per project.
- Create assembly approval drawings for client review.
- Work with MASH Account Managers to maintain studio timelines and meet client needs.
- Review client notes to refine designs and secure final approval for production.
- Create SolidWorks parts, assemblies, and shop drawings thorough enough for direct release into production.
- Work with the shop staff of multiple fabricators to maintain design, finish, and quality standards.
- Maintain Vendor deliverable dates.
- Specify hardware and create comprehensive part ordering lists.
- Inspect fabricator production runs to maintain design intent and finish.
- Verify packing and logistics details for delivery to site.
- Collaborate with logistics team to ensure timely delivery.
- Communicate regularly with team to collaborate on project feedback, strategy and planning (i.e. quality control, inventory, labor scheduling, machine maintenance, efficient fabrication techniques)
- Document successful methods and educate teammates on how to better execute innovative details and processes.
- Create complete, informative installation drawings from SolidWorks assemblies.
- Oversee final installation on site.
- Represent MASH during client walk through and punch list..
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture.
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Great snacks and regularly hosted bbq!
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision and more!
- Pet Friendly
And of course awesome team events and discounted prices on our LAX series!
If this sounds like a job in which you’d thrive, please send your resume to the address provided with subject line “Sr. Production Designer”
MASHstudios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MASHstudios encourages women and minorities to apply and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time