Our team is passionate about transforming healthcare. We are seeking an innovative-minded pharmacist who wants to pitch in and grow a company in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Specifically, we looking for a clinician who is self-motivated and a team player who can help create the next generation of pharmacist-led healthcare solutions across the continuum of care.
Position Summary: The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing clinical, operational and educational support to internal teams and will serve as a clinical pharmacy subject matter expert to support sales, partnerships, and at industry events. This role is responsible for contributing to the overall development and execution of all clinical innovations and the piloting and roll out of the capabilities to our strategic partners. The Clinical Pharmacist will help create the next generation of innovative solutions to important healthcare issues across the continuum of care, and provide operational support for the delivery of clinical information to various business units throughout the Company. This role will also interpret CMS guidance and regulations, and support clinical program design and operation processes.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for select therapeutic classes and clinical resource to teammates and physicians.
- Prepares clinical evidence information for network physicians.
- Provides drug information support to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Develops newsletters related to clinical efficacy, safety, therapeutic impact, and cost of key internal stakeholders.
- Presents and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders
- Designs drug regimens utilizing current pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles and specific patient parameters;
- Participate in and/or lead in the strategic direction, feature design, user interaction, requirements, and roadmap of one or more products and solutions
- Work with development, QA, implementation, support, sales, and marketing to bring new features and products to successful release
- Communicate with current and potential customers on a regular basis to understand their processes and needs – to translate those into product requirements, understand needed changes over time
- Understand and advise on relevant industry trends, including new products, regulatory changes, scientific and medical advances and changes in practice
- Work with development and product management colleagues to ensure product requirements are understood and work with market, clinical, and business leads to understand technical trade offs
- Supports go-to-market and commercialization activities, including sales and early customers go-live/training.
- Participates in commercial activities such as user meetings and conferences. Support sales/account management in key accounts as needed.
- Complete Peer to Peer reviews with healthcare professionals regarding the outcomes of coverage determinations/redeterminations
- Participate in the development and execution of initiatives to improve Medicare Stars quality measures
- Provide operational support to internal and external customers related to Medicare Part D product offerings
- Serve as a key stakeholder and decision-maker on how new Medicare clinical requirements are implemented
- Educate internal customers related to Medicare Part D regulations, programs, call letter developments, and audits
- Maintain Pharmacy Medicare Part D Policies and Procedures in accordance with CMS guidelines and requirements and audit requirements
- Identify and recommend operational improvements
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications (Skills, Experience, Educational Requirements):
PharmD from an accredited school of pharmacy- Required
Residency trained - Preferred
Board Certifications- BCPS,BCGP,CDE,BCACP etc Preferred
At least Three (3) years of practice experience with a health plan pharmacy service, managed care environment, and/or In-patient hospital pharmacy service
At least two (2) years of practice experience in Medicare Part D operations
Possess a strong regulatory knowledge related to Part D
Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-functioning environment and meet deadlines while managing multiple high priorities
Strong oral and written communication skills
Recent experience presenting, reporting and evaluating pharmacy or medical programs and trends preferred.
Have clinical expertise as well as in-depth experience with health information applications
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Ambulatory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Clinical Pharmacist: 2 years (Required)
- Managed Care Pharmacy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Residency Training: 1 year (Preferred)