Support the configuration and ingestion of designated structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data repositories into capabilities that satisfy mission partner requirements and support a data analytics and DevOps pipeline to drive rapid delivery of functionality to the client. Maintain all operational aspects of data transfers, accounting for the security posture of the underlying infrastructure and the systems and applications that are supported and monitor the health of the environment through a variety of health tracking capabilities. Automate configuration management, leveraging tools, including NiFi and stay current on data extract, transfer, and load (ETL) technologies and services. Work under general guidance, demonstrate an initiative to develop approaches to solutions independently, review architecture, and identify areas for automation, optimization, right-sizing, and cost reduction to support the overall health of the environment. Apply specialized knowledge of data engineering-specific technologies and services, leverage expertise in databases and a variety of approaches to structuring and retrieving of data, comprehend Cloud architectural constructs, and support the establishment and maintenance of Cloud environments programmatically using vendor consoles. Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend client challenges, prototype new ideas and new technologies, help to create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation, and design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy full features and components of solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with software development
- 2+ years of experience with the design, implementation, or consulting for applications deployed across multiple organizations or a technical environment
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including Linux-, UNIX-, and Windows
- Experience with establishing continuous integration and continuous deployment processes for applications and environments
- Experience with signal intelligence in a software development environment
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Security+ or CISSP Certification
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or MilCloud 2.0
- Experience with applying DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and
automating that process
- Experience with storage fundamentals, including CIFS and NFS and backup and disaster
recovery processes a plus
- Experience with configuring and aggregating logs for data analysis using Splunk or ELK
- Experience with maintaining data transfer systems, including NIFI
- Experience with two or more programming languages, including C#, Java, .NET, or similar
- Experience with extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes
- Experience with geospatial translation and development merging
- Knowledge of FedRAMP, RMF, and the implications of C&A and SA&A in a DoD
environment a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.