As the Trade Compliance Specialist in Product Compliance, you will participate in activities involved in export and import compliance with an emphasis on Technical trade classifications and analysis and drive continuous process improvements aimed at execution of best in class performance in Trade Compliance
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with requirements of FDA, USDA, EPA, DEA, ATTB, CDC and any other applicable regulatory agencies on exporting and importing.
- Monitor and review U.S. Export / Import Regulations with respect to determination of product classifications and Harmonized Tariff Schedules and Export Control Classification Numbers
- Participate in compliance audits/assessments, review corrective actions, and evaluate site compliance including respective agency registrations.
- Assign all Technical Trade classifications for products (e.g. HTS, ECCN, Country of Origin etc.) and respond to inquiries on an as needed basis.
- Work experience in areas of Trade Compliance, including strong emphasis on import and export compliance, USDA, FDA, DEA, CDC and other government agencies controls preferred. Strong with PC based systems and software related to document preparation, (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, or similar programs).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and U.S. Customs Regulations, import/export documentation and recordkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Biology or Chemistry, or other applied science is required.