- Acute Care
- BLS Certification
The Director of Nursing, Outpatient Dialysis manages four outpatient clinics (1 - Temple, 2 - Killeen, 1 - Round Rock), the pediatric and home therapy departments, along with the acute dialysis programs at Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital and the Continuing Care Hospital in Temple, Texas.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Nursing, Outpatient Dialysis manages multiple outpatient dialysis clinics with responsibility for planning, selecting, and/or devising methods, policies and procedures for Managers and Staff employees to accomplish designated goals. Negotiate interdepartmental resources, communicates and plans with various cross-functional departments to ensure effective level of service.
- Oversee the operational, personnel and fiscal management of assigned areas of responsibility with an emphasis on high quality, cost effective patient care.
- Monitor daily productivity, addressing variance from established standards and adjust staffing to maintain established productive standard.
- Establish annual unit-specific quality improvement goals, conduct monitoring, analysis, process changes, reporting and re-evaluation of prepared goals to Nursing Quality Council and Clinic Quality Council.
- Investigate adverse events, review data and findings, assessing for trends, acting on self-remediation needs and identify opportunities for development.
- Collaborate with non-nursing departments to establish processes and address issues which enhance the provision of patient care and satisfaction.
- Conduct and participate in daily rounds to identify immediate needs, monthly patient room rounds, monthly Environment of Care Rounds, Tracers, and Patient Safety Rounds, and acts on findings in a timely manner.
- Establish opportunities to acquire input, to include unit monthly Action Unit Committees, input at staff meetings and other creative mechanisms.
- Comply with requirements of regulatory, licensing, and accrediting agencies.
- Design measurements and tools to evaluate achievement and education strategies.
- Identify and clearly communicate communication gaps in staff knowledge and/or competency.
- Directs the effective management of financial, informational and personnel resources to ensure efficient operations and continuity of care.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Strong understanding of clinic operations and finance
- Multi-site leadership responsibility
- 3 years of dialysis experience
- Open to experience in either an acute care or outpatient dialysis setting
- Master's degree
- 5 years' experience