**NOTE: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN VIRGINIA. ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THIS JOB'S LOCATION.**
Join one of America's most award-winning restaurants, The Inn at Little Washington, located in Washington, Virginia. The Inn is seeking a Chef de Partie to join its growing team! The Chef de Partie position is responsible for daily prep and execution of service on their assigned station. A Chef de Partie is expected to work under the guidance of the more experienced chefs, and follow all the procedures and tasks given by the lead cook on the station. This position requires an overall understanding of timelines, product needs, flavor combinations, and the expectations for each dish as directed during prep and service. A Chef de Partie is expected to have basic fundamental skills and be able to work quickly and efficiently with other team members in a focused and organized manner. This position is an entry level position in The Inn brigade and individuals should have a strong desire to learn and grow within the kitchen environment.
The Inn at Little Washington’s most recent awards include:
- The 2019 Michelin Guide awarded The Inn at Little Washington its highest accolade of three stars, reserved for “exceptional cuisine worth a special journey.” The Inn is now the first and only three star restaurant in The Nation’s Capital.
- The James Beard Foundation announced Patrick O’Connell as the recipient of the 2019 James Beard Lifetime Achievement Award.
- La Liste, a French-based guide to the world’s best restaurants, ranked The Inn #3 in the U.S. and #5 in the world.
- The 2019 Forbes Travel Guide for the 30th year in a row, awarded The Inn at Little Washington’s accommodations its highest accolade – Five Stars.
- The 2019 Forbes Travel Guide also awarded The Inn at Little Washington’s Restaurant Five Stars for the 29th year in a row making it the longest tenured Five Star restaurant in the world.
- The American Automobile Association for 2019 once again bestowed The Inn its highest accolade – The Five Diamond Award.
- The Washington Post 2018 Fall Dining Guide honored The Inn by inducting the restaurant into its inaugural “D.C. Restaurant Hall of Fame” making The Inn one of ten restaurants “that have stood the test of time and serve as standard-bearers in the region.”
- The Inn received the Wine Spectator Grand Award for the 23rd consecutive year and is the only restaurant honored with this recognition in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily mise en place and execution of cookery/plating for service.
- General cleaning and sanitation duties as directed by culinary management.
- Responsible for any project delegated to station by other chefs as needed for the dinner menu.
- Daily analysis of station and product to ensure all standards and quality issues are met.
Qualifications and Skills:
- General fundamental skills in all basic techniques and knife cuts. A sense of flavor development and evaluation of prep is necessary for this position.
- Associate’s degree in culinary arts.
- Minimum of 1-2 years professional experience cooking, preferably at a Michelin level.
- Ability to work quickly and cleanly throughout a shift and meet all deadlines before and during service.
- Strong communication skills and practices.
- Ability to problem solve and react quickly to any issues which arise during a shift.
- Paid Time Off
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) including 4% employer match
- Complimentary $10,000 Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Bereavement Pay, Jury Duty Pay
- Daily complimentary meal in staff dining room
- Complimentary uniforms
- Complimentary Michelin 3-star dining experience at Inn & 50% off for one guest after 6 months of employment
- Complimentary night stay at Inn after 1 year of employment
- Relais & Chateaux room stay program after 1 year of employment
- 30-50% discount on all merchandise at the Tavern Shops
- Educational reimbursement program
Job Type: Full-time
- professional cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Washington, VA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement