GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Adair Campus
Overview of position:
This position analyzes, designs, develops reports and information; maintains queries and business analytics; extracts information; and provides related data services programs and procedures that provide visibility into aspects of clinical or business operations and solutions for business requirements or to solve business problems. This position verifies reports in order to provide accurate, high quality information as needed for financial and other operational analysis. Provides analytical and operational support to the department and management staff.
1. Develops reports per the specifications of report designers utilizing all reporting tool available.
2. Performs accuracy testing of all reports developed.
3. Assists in the development of test scripts and preparation of test data for report testing.
4. Writes new queries with automation ranging from basic to complex in scope.
5. Logs, tracks, and resolves issues as well as any report, extract, data service code modifications or enhancements.
6. Supports all team members with report, extract and analytics knowledge.
7. Designs, builds, tests, and activates report extracts and other data service deliverables.
8. Develops and maintains models and documentation of reports and data service deliverables including business and system requirements, specifications, testing results and production control documentation.
9. Responsible for generating reports and extracts from relational and hierarchical/network databases using tools and techniques that quickly and efficiently deliver results.
10. Maintains all data uploads for decision support system and external data submissions.
11. Maintains and compiles monthly data for annual reports.
12. Maintains and/or modifies reports and queries.
13. Advise clients on implications of a requested change and/or an alternative solution that may better address the requirement.
14. Plans independently the full range of reporting and related programming actions needed to achieve desired results.
15. Prepares test data and full test plans with assistance from all staff involved. Effectively utilizes project tools, technologies and methodologies to provide clear and concise documentation/communication (i.e. project tracking, weekly reports, etc.).
16. Works with all vendors to resolve issues/problems in a timely manner.
17. Provides on-call support and troubleshooting via phone, remote dial-in or on-site if necessary.
18. Implements, maintains and follows established security measures and protocols.
19. Develop, manage and monitor processes and procedures that support and maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
20. Achieves work flow and schedule of report team to meet deadlines.
21. Provides support to department peers by responding to user inquiries in a timely, effective manner, analyzing issue(s), identifying common trends, formulates plans to address each issue, and communicating process enhancements and analysis results with leadership.
22. Ability to develop custom analytical reports, as well as the interpretation of audit data, display of errors, statistical trend analyses, and the creation of management ready presentations with recommendations of potential process/system changes for leadership review.
23. Prepares accurate routine statistics for distribution to Genesis leadership team.
24. Continually utilizes technology to develop more efficient data collection methodology and analytics.
25. O ther duties as needed and assigned by the director or manager.
1. Associate degree in computer science or related field or one year of experience as a business analyst, report development, analytics, or programming.
2. Extensive Microsoft Excel experience required with familiarity of macro and advanced formula usage.
3. Some experience in a large business intelligence, data warehouse or enterprise reporting project applying a variety of reporting tools to deliver solutions following a structure methodology.
4. High degree of skill in interpersonal relations with the ability to deal effectively on a one-to-one and group basis
5. Comprehensive understanding of how the physical data structures impact the performance of business intelligence applications and can make specific recommendations to optimize solution delivery.
6. Solid understanding of current applications and trends in business intelligence and enterprise reporting.
7. Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
8. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
9. Pro-active problem-solver with e xcellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.