Information Security is a primary area of focus for Citi. This position reports to a Group ISO and is a key member of the Global Information Security team supporting the Engineering and Infrastructure Technology organizations.
The purpose of this position is to manage and co-ordinate all Information Security activities, programs and initiatives for the End-User Computing Services, Shared Enterprise Infrastructure Services, including Architecture, Engineering & Operations.
The Technical Information Security Officer (TISO) is the role that supports the implementation of the IS program. TISOs provide advice and oversight to ensure that businesses related processes and procedures are in compliances with Citi’s Information Security Policies.
- Provide security guidance to engineering and operations partners to help them meet Information Security requirements.
- Proactively engage the businesses to identify, document and drive remediation of excessive risks and non-compliant activities
- Influence and support corporate IT Information Security policies
- Create and review security metrics to measure security effectiveness
- Monitor security violations and driving resolutions to security policy
- Ensure that appropriate stakeholders are held accountable as to the state of their controls and that they understand their responsibilities regarding risk mitigation and remediation
- Partnering with IT Teams to ensure that IT systems are managed, operated and designed to minimize risk
- Escalate significant risks to the Regional/Sector/Global IS Leadership for information or action
- Act as point of contact to executive leadership for dimensioning, managing and driving remediation of information security risks
- Facilitate, attend and participate in internal/external meetings and risk committees
- Provide updates to business groups, partners and senior management through established communication channels
- Reduce security risks by leveraging controls and minimizing weaknesses in Citi’s Infrastructure portfolio
- Engage with Business Managers and staff to ensure non-compliant items are addressed in timely fashion
- Ensure compliance to security practices & standards. Reducing likelihood of audit findings, regulatory & legal liabilities
- Engage with cross sector, regional, global risk and control teams in the review and reengineering of key controls and processes to effectively and efficiently manage IS issues
- Contribute to, interpret and disseminate IS policy, standards and awareness throughout the business units
- Ensure timely engagement and delivery on information security, business and/or technology initiatives and projects
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher with a concentration in Information Technology or a related discipline) or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of Information Technology and/or Security experience
- Knowledge in IS programs including, but not limited to, Audit Reviews, Risk Assessment, Awareness & Training, Identity Access & Management, Data Protection, Secure SDLC, Incident Management, Vulnerability Assessment, Third Party IS Assessment, Secure Configurations, Patch Management, etc.
- Experience working with ISO 27001 and related processes and procedures.
- 2 IS certifications preferred, or willingness to earn within 12 months of joining (CISSP, CISM, CISA or Equivalent)
- Ability to provide effective leadership and subject matter expertise in Information Security topics to senior management, technology and business partners.
- Employ influencing skills to obtain buy-in and participation from various groups and stakeholders without direct control.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with partners, clients and peers.
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels of the organization, and with various technical and business audiences.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills. Ability to see the big picture with high attention to critical details.
- Results oriented, is able to achieve desired outcomes independently and at appropriate priority levels.
- Expert level knowledge of Network and Security Architectures
- Direct experience with network and security technologies including switches, routers, firewalls, proxies, certificate authorities, cloud access security brokers, network access control, identity and access management technologies, etc.
- Good understanding of security constructs like encryption, DLP, Anti-Malware, IAM, mobile technologies, networking protocols and infrastructures design.
- Knowledge of Cloud deployment models and associated security risks.