Management Services Corporation is seeking an Assistant Controller - Construction to support the Caton Construction Group. This position reports to the Controller and CFO and is located in Charlottesville, VA. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a growing company.
Please apply on our website:
www.catoncompaines.com and click on the careers tab.
Assist in the management of the accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist with the oversight of the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
2. Assist with the oversight of the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, and payroll processing.
3. Assist with the oversight of the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings and cash receipts application.
4. Lead outside audit compliance and assist with assurance of corporate income tax compliance for accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
5. Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
6. Respond to the Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
7. Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
8. Support the Controller and IT in the implementation of software and reporting capability.
9. Assist with the automation of a standard cash flow model and executive summary reporting on a weekly basis.
10. Lead staff in fixed asset accounting.
11. Assist Controller with the establishment and maintenance of policies and procedures, that will ensure the timeliness, accuracy and validity of the accounting data.
12. Work with the controller to develop reporting to meet the needs of board member, operations and other internal users.
13. Assist the Controller with development of dashboard reporting in order to provide KPI’s for immediate and scheduled reporting needs.
14. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
15. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
This position could be responsible for managing accounting staff, and will certainly provide mentorship and guidance to the entire accounting team, as well as staff employed by operations to assist the accounting team.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require up to 20% travel in order to travel to satellite offices.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
2. CPA certification.
3. Five years of hands-on accounting with increasing mentorship and supervisory experience.
4. Sage, Office Connector or HCSS software experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration a plus
Why you should apply:
- 401(k) Retirement Plans
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 120 hours of PTO first year
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Life, STD, LTD, Accident & Disability, and much more
- Great pay
- Top Benefits
- Work with an Award Winning Team
Equal Opportunity Employer