- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key and escort instructions to Bellhop.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone.
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- May be required at any time to fill in the job duties of either the Reservationist or the PBX operator (review individual job descriptions.
- Uses suggestive selling skills and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Reports all necessary reporting procedures in documenting customer requests.
- Handles accounting of money, receipts, guest accounts and credit through operation of the FD computer system and completion of reports required to ensure company funds are secure.
- Proper uniform and name tag worn at all times.
- Uses guests name a minimum of three times during check-in and check-out.
- Ensures that incoming calls to the switchboard are answered within six rings.
- Bucket checks must be performed a minimum of one time per shift.
- When responding to the switchboard the proper TAKE 1 script must be used at all times.
- Must respond to a guest request within 10 minutes of time request was made.
- Respond to the customer immediately upon entering the lobby.
- Room directions along with hotel outlets along with hours of operation must be explained to all customers.
- Outgoing fax messages must be sent within two minutes from the time requested.
- Customers must be notified of an incoming fax with 30 minutes.
- When approached by a customer with a problem, the associate will empower himself/herself with the responsibility of assisting the customer in solving this problem.
- Telephone messages must be communicated to the customer within 1 minute of receiving the call.
- Courtesy calls must be placed to newly rented rooms to ensure the customer is completely satisfied.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: