Distinguishing Characteristics of Work: To provide behavioral intervention and support for children ages 2-5 (in St. Lucie County) who are at risk of expulsion from child care due to behavioral concerns. This position works directly with 1) parents of the child in the family home or other community setting; and 2) child care personnel in the child care center. Services provided virtually, as needed.
Essential Job Function:
1. Provide psychosocial assessment on referred children.
2. Design, implement and oversee individual behavior plans.
3. Work with the family and child in their home and in their child care program.
4. Educate the child-care staff and parents of enrolled child regarding behavioral and social strategies to help improve child’s behavior.
5. Maintain comprehensive written and electronic reports.
6. Provide outreach to child care centers regarding availability of program.
7. Adhere to all privacy and confidentiality standards of the agency and program.
8. Attend community meetings, staff meetings, in-service education and ongoing trainings.
9. Provide informational workshops to families and childcare staff.
10. Provide services according to set timelines and guidelines.
11. Provide and maintain reliable transportation for on‑the‑job travel requirements
12. Practice safety and infectious disease control measures.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
HIPAA Privacy & Security Access:
Due to the nature of this position, regular access to client files—electronically via the database and hard copy files via file cabinet is necessary. All employees in this position must use his/her password at all times and ensure proper log in/log off of the database and file maintenance at all times. Passwords must not be shared and hard copy files must be returned to a locked file cabinet.
Essential Physical Activities:
1. The ability to operate an automobile.
2. The ability to bend, stoop, sit on floor, and participate in children’s play activities.
Computer terminal, and printer, copy, scan machine.
Desirable Education, Training, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
Minimum Training and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least one year to two years’ work experience working with young children and families.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License, have full-time access to a reliable vehicle, and appropriate auto insurance coverage.
- Must be computer literate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible