- Economic Development
- Class D
- Content Creation
- Driver's License
- Financial Analysis
Not Eligible for Benefits
This is a part-time, temporary position not eligible for benefits.
This is a specially funded assignment with a projected end date of December 31, 2018 with renewal based on available funds and the needs of MCCCD.
Please note there are two positions located at Gateway Community College
Provides one-on-one business analysis and guidance, along with training, to owners and prospective owners of small technology-based small businesses to create economic impact growth.
75% - Meets with small business owners and entrepreneurs (with a special emphasis on working with firms developing unique, innovative products and services) who are Small Business Development Center clients; uses interview and counseling techniques to gather information about business operations; conducts independent research to supplement information gathered directly from SBDC clients; documents all meetings and communications in relational database
20% - Tracks progress of clients in moving ahead toward agreed upon goals for business counseling undertaken, with an emphasis on securing funding for commercialization; uses available tools to analyze small business operations; promotes the SBDC and related services and recruits/refers SBDC clients and program participants; follows policies and procedures for SBDC, Arizona SBDC Network, and Maricopa Community Colleges; reports activity using statewide database for counseling, training, and information transfer reporting
5% - Conducts training and workshops on small business planning and operations, and assists in the Center's implementation of training programs as a means of obtaining new clients and serving existing clients, with a special emphasis on working with firms developing technology for commercial applications, including securing various funding sources
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field and two years of small business ownership, business development, economic development or directly related experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
1. Five (5) or more years of experience in at least one of the following areas: technology commercialization, new product development, financial analysis, business development/marketing, and project management
2. Four (4) or more years of consistent track record of setting and achieving quantifiable goals and
3. Four (4) or more years of creating recommendations to enhance client business
4. Three (3) or more years of experience in business writing, i.e. content creation, report writing and summarizing important data
5. Two (2) or more years of experience in the business counseling core competencies of financial analysis, business planning, strategic marketing and/or access to capital, gathering information on business operations, conducting and analyzing independent research to supplement client information
6. Experience working in a highly regulated field, an educational institution or government entity
7. Experience in building professional business, community and/or advocacy partnerships
Special Working Conditions
May be required to work at multiple sites or locations; possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, full or part time and name of employer for each position.
Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Please also attach a professional writing sample
Posting Close Date
First Review November 9, 2018
Open until filled
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.