Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leading distributor and processor of metals with over 177 years of history, is currently seeking a bright, energetic individual to fill our 2020 internship position and to contribute as an essential member within the Financial Planning & Analysis team in Chicago, IL. We operate approximately 100 locations with 4,000 employees in North America and China.
Reporting to the FP&A Reporting Team the successful candidate will be responsible for analytical projects related to our reporting transformation initiative. This includes but is not limited to data mapping, financial modeling, building reports, dashboard and visual analysis. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, independent, and have strong problem solving, business acumen, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in the FP&A reporting transformation project designed to improve the speed and accuracy of the financial close, while implementing stronger data visualization tools.
- Work as an analytical resource to develop financial analytics and present to Senior Management, including, but not limited to, budget to actual analysis, external market analysis, expense monitoring and other various key performance indicators for the business.
- Act as an analytical resource to operational leaders, assisting in value-added ad hoc projects such as supply chain optimization, capital allocation, growth capex, operational efficiency improvements, customer outreach, among others.
- Other responsibilities and special projects as assigned which may include the opportunity to participate in domestic and international merger & acquisition due diligence and scenario modeling, joint venture, and other complex business transactions.
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum sophomore year completion with a progressive matriculation towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- No prior work experience necessary; relevant introductory classes are required
- Ability to impact and influence others.
- Proficient with MS Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated analytical and organization abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Personal initiative and leadership potential.
- Less than 5% travel