This position will provide professional, accurate, timely customer service and instruction to players, the general public, retailers and other Lottery staff in person, over the phone for all Lottery products, promotions, and website usage. This position also provides retailers with recommended account techniques for account balancing/reconciliation, monitoring and negotiations of ticket inventories as well as providing ticket and payment services. The person in this position must accurately write incident reports documenting potential fraud and theft involving Lottery tickets, games, promotions and retailers.
This position is located at the Roseville headquarters; however this position is also required to work seasonal off-site Lottery special events selling, promoting and marketing all Lottery products and promotions. This includes occasional travel and working weekends and evenings.
The Minnesota Lottery is a state agency that generates over $600M in annual sales delivering over $120M in profits back to Minnesota’s General Fund, and the Environmental, Natural Resources, Game and Fish Funds.
The following qualifications are required of all applicants seeking consideration for this position. Only applicants whose application materials clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for the position:
- Experience working with a high level of initiative, effort and attention to detail when completing assignments/tasks efficiently
- Experience providing prompt and courteous customer service, to external and internal customers in person and via phone
- Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Word processing and data entry skills sufficient to use software to create, format, edit, print, and save a variety of documents, including spreadsheets, tables, charts, and graphs
- Good math skills to accurately handle money
- Bookkeeping/account balancing fundamentals
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful situtations
- Bilingual - fluency in Spanish or Hmong preferred
- Prior cashier and/or bookkeeping experience
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team member as well as individually
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The MN State Lottery will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
The Minnesota Lottery exists to create a fun, quick, and thrilling form of entertainment for Minnesotans. We’re proud that a portion of Lottery proceeds goes back to the state to benefit our natural environment. We’re in the entertainment business and are always looking for more ways to have fun as a group. We’d love for you to join us!
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact the Human Resources office at HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact HRRecruiting@mnlottery.com for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.