WE ARE: a first-class team of construction professionals at Chivers Construction, a family-run utility construction company in Erie, Pennsylvania. We build waterlines, sewers, bridges, and more, and we are proud of the top-quality work we provide to our communities.
YOU ARE: A driven, detail-oriented, organized and sharp individual who knows heavy civil construction or a related industry. You're interested in becoming part of a team of estimators and project managers who see a job through from start to finish, and can both estimate and manage large projects with multiple moving parts. You love to solve problems and can anticipate and solve issues before they become big problems.
WHAT WE EXPECT: Project Managers work as a team and can demonstrate detailed knowledge of plans and specs, effectively discern project scope, anticipate and plan for job requirements, and meticulously manage job setup, including scheduling of equipment, labor power, subcontracts, job costing, and scheduling. PMs are also expected to communicate effectively with project owners, engineers, and superintendents to facilitate efficient and high-quality job completion.
Knowledge of estimating and project management software is a big plus.
Project managers are responsible for the following:
- Review project specifications and scopes
- Develop project estimates
- Negotiate pricing/buyouts and manage purchasing for major components
- Review and track submittals
- Issue subcontractor agreements and coordinate with subcontractors
- Develop initial project schedule and update as needed
- Coordinate with project superintendent
- Negotiate change orders
- Track job costing and invoice project
- Maintain appropriate end-to-end documentation
5+ years project management experience desired, but we are prepared to train the right candidate as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fairview, PA 16415: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Project management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person