Neighborhood Association for Inter-Cultural Affairs, Inc.
Human Resources Department
Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: HR Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Apply human resources expertise in a business setting to provide a wide range of HR support and advice to the staff. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
This position requires solid organizational and analytical skills, with a focus on attention to detail with strong background in Compliance and Labor Laws.
- Implement and administer employee policies.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance issues
- Collaborate with the HR Team in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, morale and occupational health and safety.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti - harassment training, professional license, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Experience with ACA filing, Form 5500, FMLA, PFL, Short Term Disability, Workers’
Compensation, EEO-1 Reporting, COBRA and OSHA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality are requirement.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's Human Resources Information System and talent management systems.
- Experience with Paycom is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 5+ years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
To keep our staff safe, we maintain the required 6 feet social distancing and provide disinfectant, gloves and masks to our employees.
- Benefits Administration: 3 years (Required)
- OSHA Reporting: 5 years (Required)
- HR Generalist: 5 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- English and Spanish (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible