Sunnova is a leader in residential solar, battery storage and system protection services, with customers across the U.S. and its territories. We are your source for clean, affordable, and reliable energy, with a simple mission: to power energy independence so our customers have the freedom to live life uninterrupted™.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, we work to attract and retain only the best people who have the potential to make us better than we are today. We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, continuous improvement environment and want to change the world of energy.
The primary role of the IT Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is to support testing efforts for all IT changes. The ideal candidate will offer a detailed Quality Assurance background with experience in automation testing and tools. The successful candidate will offer a background in Salesforce application testing and work collaboratively with internal team of Project Managers, Salesforce Administrators, and Developers.
- Responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of test plans and test cases, including functional and non-functional testing, integration, regression and smoke testing for assigned Salesforce and related applications area(s).
- Collaborate with agile team on project related requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure test cases align properly with user stores and business needs. Provide testing estimates for use in setting delivery schedules
- Ability to quickly grasp the needs of the business unit and system requirements. Perform requirement analysis to asses completeness and test ability.
- Create QA artifacts, including test plan, test strategy, detailed test cases, defect reports and final test summary report.
- Provide timely feedback and constructive recommendations to scrum team related to testing. Escalate and report risks and problems.
- Take ownership of assigned testing areas and track issues from identification to total resolution.
- Understand priorities when testing multiple issues of same and related applications with pre-defined timeline.
- Facilitate UAT session by demonstrating application functionality.
- Using test management tool for bug reporting and to build test scrips for individuals modules with a focus on creating a comprehensive test plan.
- Facilitate clear communication with Project Lead, Release Manager, QA Manager and applicable team members to escalate issues appropriately and inform stakeholders of test progress.
- Schedule needs to be flexible to the needs of the business and may require occasional weekend or evening availability to facilitate software releases.
- Identify and document regression scenarios for multiple application areas and work with QA Manager to identify cases for automation.
- Analyze the test results and should be able to provide insight about product quality in different terms like performance, functional, user's perceptive etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Degree in computer science or related field is desirable
- 2-4 years software testing experience
- 1-2 year of experience testing on Salesforce.com platform
- 1-2 year of experience with agile frameworks and delivery methodology
- Familiar with any scripting language
LOCATION: CORPORATE OFFICE HOUSTON, TX
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.