SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN – TEMPORARY POSITION
- This person will be responsible for all related tasks supporting flight vehicle transport to include:
- Maintenance management of flight hardware transport equipment
- Procurement of related consumables in accordance with min/max criteria
- Perform general maintenance on mechanical components on transport equipment
- Will work with other technicians to manage transport processes and conduct general maintenance of all hardware in accordance with the corrosion prevention programs
- Will support pre, during, and post-operations for both flight vehicle and transport equipment
- Will package the flight module or anomalous item in accordance with methodology detailed in work order or supplied by logistics management
- Aid in managing transport equipment and material needed for operational success
- Locating and marshaling items that will be needed based on forecasted schedule given by logistics management
- Responsible for the safe loading/unloading of equipment/items as warranted
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 12 months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience with material handling
- Forklift and/or power equipment operation experience
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Certified Rigger with 1-3 years of rigging experience
- Working knowledge of transport and inventory processes
- Basic organizational skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel & Word)
- Fragile item packaging experience
- Heavy machinery operation experience
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Associate degree in industrial maintenance or related certification
- Valid driver's license
- Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is necessary to preform job functions
- The ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (up to 25lbs unassisted)
- Must be able to work at elevated heights
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs (flexibility with rotating shift hours is required)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here ( https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_kb_article_page&sys_id=24d528fddbfc930044f9ff621f961987 ).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.